Poseidon

Weekend Thread 2/24-26 | Sat #s |Get Out: 12.8 (+18%) Lego: 9.4 (+120%) Wick: 4.2 (+70) (Pg 20)

Holdovers will rule the rest of the top of the chart with Warner Bros. The Lego Batman Movie flying down to second with an estimated third weekend of $15.5M, -52% for a running cume by Sunday of $129.5M. The toy brick DC superhero is expected to gross $4M today.

Uni’s Fifty Shades Darker is looking at $9.5M in its third weekend, -53% for running total of $105.4M. Friday looks to count an estimated $3.3M.

Lionsgate’s John Wick: Chapter 2 is now estimated at $2.2M today, $6.6M for its third weekend, -59% and a total by EOD Sunday of $72M.

those would be some shitty drops

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

Again, I take DHD w/a grain of salt, but that's a bad drop for Lego Bats, and that's a HORRIBLE drop for John Wick. 60%? Are you shitting me? No way this movie was THAT frontloaded. Only way I see it is if its audience overlaps w/Get Out's, which kinda makes sense, but still. But w/a 2.2 Friday, are you sure that's the correct number? DHD gon' DHD. Mid 7's, possibly 8 is where I see it falling on.

I have no reason why would Bats drop that bad, on the other hand. WOM is great, it's an animated movie w/zero competition... I don't get the bad drop here. There must be a reason - I thought there was no reason Civil War dropped bad either, until I realized that audiences actually didn't care as much about the film as critics did - but right now, I don't see it.

Funny how, once again, Fifty Shades has the most note worthy drop on a positive scale. 53% on 3rd weekend isn't good, especially coming off a 52% drop last weekend, but considering the type of movie we're talking about, I'm shocked it has held on this well for 2 weeks in a row. That's actually kind of impressive. Kudos where they're due. (Again, assuming this is all true)

But yeah, bad drops all around. Except Hidden Figures, though. That beast is still fucking killing it. Can I hope that it beats The Revenant? That would be awesome.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Holdovers will rule the rest of the top of the chart with Warner Bros. The Lego Batman Movie flying down to second with an estimated third weekend of $15.5M, -52% for a running cume by Sunday of $129.5M. The toy brick DC superhero is expected to gross $4M today.

Uni’s Fifty Shades Darker is looking at $9.5M in its third weekend, -53% for running total of $105.4M. Friday looks to count an estimated $3.3M.

Lionsgate’s John Wick: Chapter 2 is now estimated at $2.2M today, $6.6M for its third weekend, -59% and a total by EOD Sunday of $72M.

those would be some shitty drops

Last weekend was a 4 day holiday, which no doubt cushioned some of the blows.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

a HORRIBLE drop for John Wick. 60%? Are you shitting me? No way this movie was THAT frontloaded.

Well people that have seen the first one got really excited to see JW and went in the first 2 week, and there is a lot of resistance among those you have not seen the first I would imagine.

Moviegoers Will ‘Get Out’ Of The House & Spend $26.5M-$28M On Jordan Peele’s Directorial Debut – Midday B.O. Update

Such a title, kind of clever

Also, I love how that's breaking news on their site. Shows how big it is when they're just for entertainment

14 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

Considering Deadline lowballed Split at $30-32 million during early/mid afternoon its OW and its solid buzz/reviews, Get Out will likely do low-mid 30s for the weekend.

Hopefully, We'll see. Split help up very well and has had good legs. Get Out might be frontloaded. 

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

No freaking way it drops that much.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Get out will outgross Split in the end. Minorities kicking ass both critically and commerivally with horror/psychological thrillers. Take that white folks.

Well considering the film was likely bank rolled by white folks, not much of a take that.  More of a minorities sharing in the success type of thing

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2