franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

9 minutes ago, Chewy said:

This man is attacking MAGAs on a DAILY BASIS without having his twitter swept clean, knowing full well he was a Troma guy. My god, stupid doesn't do this justice

Wild that him criticizing that Teen Titans trailer yesterday is partly responsible for all this. Imagine knowing that your career ended partially because you ticked ppl on twitter off with your Teen Titans Fuck Batman take

I was under the impression that this all happened because he insulted Ben “Arabs like to bomb crap and live in open sewage” Shapiro?

He didn't mature shit.

He got caught with his pants down, and even got caught trying to delete the tweets.

He "apologized" with a typical, non-apologetic "I regret what I said" statement, and I bet that there's more to his "edgy" jokes than what meets the eye.

What grown-ass man in his motherfucking forties constantly "jokes" about children getting blowjobs and kids being raped?

Good riddance to the scumbag.

I am sure that some other pedophile, rape-excusing scumbag like him will eventually fund one of his future micro-budget horror films and all will be good.

BUt I certainly hope that he never gets a big-studio, big money gig ever.

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I was under the impression that this all happened because he insulted Ben “Arabs like to bomb crap and live in open sewage” Shapiro?

It's all a huge shitshow but the MAGAs teamed up with the Snyder cult on twitter to dig through his tweets, basically

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The replies tho

51 minutes ago, AJG said:

And there you have it.

At my job we work for other companies and who we know like to check up on our staff to make sure nothing too scandalous pops off. Social media is the first place they would go. 

A ton of our new recruits have social media pages that list out who they were during University AND school. We like to find their most embarrassing tweets during their first week and print them in a “Congratulations on The New Job” Card. We suggest they delete/hide their old social media posts and accounts, and that is that.

Facebook has a nice feature to make all your past posts private. Very handy, no need to delete everything manually. Twitter doesn't want to do this because their business model is all about popcorn.

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Wasn't that Mark Duplass who said Ben Shapiro is a fine guy because he was nice to him once and got dogpiled on completely. 

There are two things that stick out to me about all this:

1) Gunn didn't "grow and change" at all if he didn't know better than to delete any of his super-edgy material the day he signed a contract with Marvel/Disney.  One "joke" about pedophilia is one thing...but this seems like...hundreds?

2)  Disney.  I'd almost get Gunn's reassurance in some manner of freedom of speech in his past if he was employed by Warner Bros, FOX, etc. (although everyone's adopting a pretty big 'no tolerance' policy lately about any 'offensive' speech in the workplace, as they should.)  But Disney is Disney, and has a very particular rep that they need to keep...and the fact that *they* didn't seem to know or care about this earlier (despite it all sitting out there in plain sight) is damning on them, too. 

It's like the senators/congressmen (because it's usually men) caught up with Sacha Baron Cohen's 'gun' segment -- don't they have anyone, even one person, who vets these things for them, anything they commit to, any words they commit to reading?  It's kind of unbelievable to me...but they follow the money. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

This is another example of how PC culture is ruining the internet. Gunn's tweets were stupid and it's baffling he didn't delete them much earlier, but him getting fired and probably being blacklisted in the industry forever is ridiculous. There is no evidence so far that Gunn is actually a rapist/paedophile, and since he has apologized for those tweets years ago this reaction is uncalled for IMO.

I can't keep up with the categorization of online personas, are Conservatives part of PC culture today.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

It's a great thing Deadpool 2 was a critically panned box office bomb. Imagine the reaction if people actually watched that movie and saw how many jokes about pedophilia/rape were in it. 

I suppose Gunn getting fired over his tweets does raise the question as to why shows like South Park, Rick and Morty and Family Guy (which pretty much no one talks about anymore) are still on the air, and why there wasn’t any outrage over the jokes in the Deadpool movies. 

14 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Cernovich being an actual rapist always adds such a thick layer of irony to all these things

Yeah and all the posters here ranting about "SJW libturds PC ruining everything" are hilarious because James Gunn's demise happened because of MAGA lemmings led by Mike Cernovich, a rape apologist bigot, which are the antithesis of SJW liberals they hate for being a "thought police".

This is such a shitstorm, everybody wants the high ground morally even though nobody is in position to sling shit at the other side unscattered.

Comparing this to church's inquisition? How about not cracking lame pedophile rape "jokes" on your twitter PR handle and keep that dumb shit for your bros, is it that hard? He just lost a gig like many workers do when their boss thinks they fucked up the company's bottom line, he's not condemned or facing jail prosecution. Geez Luis.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Alli said:

lol all these PC culture sjw are atheists

The God is just different & the Book is not just one Book, it s scattered.

But the methods and psychology are exactly the same :

Groupthink mentality, just like the Minions of the movie, you just follow the Minion leader,

fear of being excluded & ostracized from the herd by the overlords who control the Ideology.

All Ideologies are religions : communism, capitalism, any -ism really.

You either abide to the Ideology or you are excluded.

Pretty simple really.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Say, if along with social media people also get fired based on search history released by your ISP to your employer owing to some moral police law in the future, I wouldn't want to live.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

The God is just different & the Book is not just one Book, it s scattered.

But the methods and psychology are exaclty the same.

Groupthink mentality, fear of being excluded & ostracized from the overlords who control the Ideology.

All Ideologies are religions : communism, capitalism, any -ism really.

out of likes. you make some good points