franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

Hoping for a very long Marvel panel next year at Comic-Con to celebrate the Guardians Trilogy with all the cast & crew telling to the fans all the great memories of the Guardians family & how the magic happened.

Edited by The Futurist

4 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

I do find it amusing that celebrities who are defending Gunn are lowkey dissing the me too movement by saying “this happened so long ago it’s stupid he’s being punished now”

No they aren't. It's about actions vs jokes on Twitter. If he was an actual pedophile it wouldn't have mattered how long ago it happened. I didn't see anyone use that excuse with Spacey and they wouldn't do it with Gunn

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Hoping for a very long Marvel panel next year at Comic-Con to celebrate the Guardians Trilogy with all the cast & crew telling to the fans all the great memories of the Guardians family & how the magic happened. 

52 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

I do find it amusing that celebrities who are defending Gunn are lowkey dissing the me too movement by saying “this happened so long ago it’s stupid he’s being punished now”

How is that dissing the me too movement in anyway shape or form? 

They arent even the same thing. He isn’t a peodphile nor has he raped anyway. And I’m sick and tired of folks grouping him with folks who are actual rapists and pedophiles. By grouping him with those folks, you’re diminishing the actions of rapists and pedophiles. As if to say that joking about that stuff is the same thing as actually doing it. It’s not. 

@Jake Gittes beat me to it 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eVerYtHING said:

I just heard this news. How ridiculous, anyone heard of a thing called free speech. These are jokes. Really rubbish jokes sure but then James Gunn also wrote the scoobydoo movie and he hasn't been fired for that.

Unless.... he just was :ohmygod:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nova said:

How is that dissing the me too movement in anyway shape or form? 

They arent even the same thing. He isn’t a peodphile nor has he raped anyway. And I’m sick and tired of folks grouping him with folks who are actual rapists and pedophiles. By grouping him with those folks, you’re diminishing the actions of rapists and pedophiles. As if to say that joking about that stuff is the same thing as actually doing it. It’s not. 

@Jake Gittes beat me to it 

Grouping him with these folks is dangerous.  Having jailbait wrapped around your name should make anyone scream at the top of their lungs.

I really wonder if Disney owns the James Gunn script of Guardians 3.

Not sure when it starts to be Disney s property, at what moment exactly.

Hopefully Gunn doesn't answer the Marvel Studios calls, ever, they are back to square one, without a script, and their current schedule gets entirely fucked up.

Edited by The Futurist

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I really wonder if Disney owns the James Gunn script of Guardians 3.

Not sure when it starts to be Disney s property, at what moment exactly.

Often what you make while being paid by an employer to do so, is owned by them, that will tend to be the case for project like that, by which the writer is paid to write the script and not tying/having to sell it after having wrote on spec.

https://www.wga.org/contracts/know-your-rights/creative-rights-for-writers

If you are hired to write a script under an employment contract, you are creating a "work for hire" which, under U.S. copyright law, vests the initial copyright with the employer. This is true whether the script is original or is based upon material assigned by the employer. A contract could return the copyright to the writer, but in practice that is rarely done.

Ownership of the script copyright, whether by acquisition or under the work-for-hire doctrine, is the practical means by which the companies preserve their rights to exploit the scripts they pay for. The transfer of copyright from the writer to the production company is a custom in the United States entertainment industry; it is not common worldwide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nah i don't think the situations are comparable.Though i know Disney doing what they did makes sense in a way but Roseanne has had a long line of tweets through the years which pretty offensive racism etc while gunn stopped with his edgy bs years back and even apologised.But of course Disney had to know in both cases particularly Roseanne what they were working with so both fiascos were messed up.Though i think only one is justified.