FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

5 hours ago, Eevin said:

Deserves more attention? Literally everyone on this forum (including me) has praised Get Out and its amazing box office performance. You're the one hurting it by trying to make nothing out of it.

If you truly understand what i meant, I never hurt or discount the achievement of GO, just being greedy or dream big for GO's total.

Dont try to fling mud at me without understanding my underlying intention

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

If you truly understand what i meant, I never hurt or discount the achievement of GO, just being greedy or dream big for GO's total.

Dont try to fling mud at me without understanding my underlying intention

10 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

everybody are focusing on those remake or reboot like BATB and PR....

but neglecting the true spirit of hollywood filmmaking, which are originality and creativity, and recently represented by Get Out.....

Get out deserve more attention, those 30%++ is not bad at all, but should've been better or secure more screens if it wasn't for those unnecessary competition and newcomers like chips.....

9 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I previously aiming for $200m, the 1st horror to do so since 1999,  and almost unheard multiplier even for critical drama..but those stiff competition are really annoying.......especially some of them are actually unnecessary, the studio just dump them here......

Gone girl still got 2800+ in its 5th weekend because of relatively relaxed time.....but get out got more in its 5th weekend, but the theater count has already drop to below 2500

What a waste!!

That might not be what you meant, but surely you understand where I'm coming from.  

25 minutes ago, setna said:

BATB?

...let´s wait some time, i don´t see it so clear.

BaTB needs to fall off a cliff not to get to $500m - and it won't.  

If the US is anything like they UK then they'll still be a lot of business to come.  I know of lots of people who held back from first week or two - me included.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Beast is obviously huge, but weirdly I've seen no mentions of it on my facebook. I usually see at least a few reactions to huge movies there. Maybe we're all just getting old. :sadben:

Beast doesn't really appeal to the basement-dwelling virgins of the world. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eastwood47 said:

Glad to see Beast did in fact cross $90 million this weekend. I wonder if a billion WW should be considered in the bag at this point?

Its locked. 

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Beast is obviously huge, but weirdly I've seen no mentions of it on my facebook. I usually see at least a few reactions to huge movies there. Maybe we're all just getting old. :sadben:

For me, I see a lot of BATB on FB but very few people in theater :P