WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

4 minutes ago, XO21 said:

I might be wrong but BATB didn't particularly hurt other movies...bodes well for this crowded summer

it probably brought in theater a disproportional amount of people that almost never buy tickets, clearly the type of movie that make the pie bigger and not just change what get the box office (like Avatar did too, with Sherlock and Chipmunk doing extremely well).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

To be fair they still have a few months to promote CU, but it does seem like Dreamworks has no faith in the film. 

It feels like it is being set up to fail. Extremely bad release date the same weekend as WW and a week after Memorial day, 2 weeks before Cars 3 and 4 before DM3. OW gross as well as legs will be at a premium for it. A better release date would probably be Memorial Day weekend as it can at least act as a kiddie programmer for the long weekend and get more separation before the 2 big animated movies of summer.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Momo said:

GITS will probably do better then PR did OS. So they will probably make their money back.

Problem is, they get a smaller ammount of money from overseas markets. Unfortunately, domestic grosses are still very important. By the way, GITS is more expensive than PR.

Besides, PR seems to be doing better in that regard ( domestic performance ). Overseas grosses haven't been updated for PR since last Sunday. So, there's still money to be made. 

5 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

My final PR forecast for the weekend...

Friday: $4.22M (+129%) [-62.7% real]
Saturday: $5.61M (+33.0%) [-61.6%]
Sunday: $3.39M (-39.5%) [-68.5%]
SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL: $13.2M (-64.0% real)
DOMESTIC GROSS AFTER SECOND WEEKEND: $63.8M

I think Saturdays jump will be higher. I think it was around 40% last w/e minus previews.

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

No it doesn't. Pretty look alone doesn't deserve more. The story was generic as fuck as were all characters. Sanders is truly the New Hack on the Block. The movie wasn't even entertaining. Started kind of promising and than fizzzzzzzled.

Different opinions man.