kayumanggi

GEMINI MAN | Oct 11 19 | Paramount | Estimated to lose 111.1M

I watched the movie and I honestly can't see where did that 138 million budget go...I wonder if half of that went to Will Smith's pockets, which should be the case.

Plot is paper thin, action was ok at best and there wasn't anything remotely impressive about the movie. 

The trailer gave away the entire movie. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I watched the movie and I honestly can't see where did that 138 million budget go...I wonder if half of that went to Will Smith's pockets, which should be the case.

Plot is paper thin, action was ok at best and there wasn't anything remotely impressive about the movie. 

You watched in HFR?

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Will Smith's pockets, Jerry Bruckheimer's pockets, the HFR cameras, and insurance for filming in Colombia.

Edited by 35MM-18
typo

9 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The trailer is way better than the whole movie though it looks dumb already.

• Like 1

From what I've read Paramount allows quite a bit of freedom for filmmakers to pursue their artistic visions, and so I presume that's how Ang Lee was given the choice to explore HFR once again with a budget of this magnitude despite the utter failure of Billy Lynn.

12 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

Will Smith's pockets, Jerry Bruckheimer's pockets, the HFR cameras, and insurance for filming in Colombia.

Not sure that Will Smith can command the kind of money he once could.

But with a projected 25 to 30 Million opening, the film is in trouble given the 130 plus budget.

I like Ang Lee, but the trailer did not convince me it's any better then your typical Sci FI action thriller.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It helps though how much depends on marketing expenses (and who pays for what), how the profits are being split and what the distribution fees/ % are.

And even if Paramount is covered, somebody is going to probably lose money on this.

• Like 1

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/how-will-smith-cracked-code-making-real-money-hollywood-1246035

But a sizable chunk of Aladdin's online trailer views and social media impressions came from Smith's posts; one source put his share in the 12 percent to 20 percent range. As a testament to his digital prowess and viral video.

He is earning $12.5 million for Gemini Man and will land $20 million for playing the father of Serena and Venus Williams in Warner Bros.' King Richard

After King Richard, he is expected to shoot a Bright sequel in summer 2020 (and receive a hefty salary bump).

That $12.5m is no doubt up front - but doubtful there will be anything on the back end.

He'd have earned more on Bright and even more for Bright II b/c you don't have a back end with Netflix or a % of home media sales etc.

Reynolds just got a reported $30m+ to do that Christmas movie for Apple with Ferell getting $20m+