ddddeeee

HELLBOY | April 12 2019 | David Harbour

Edited by That One Guy
  • ...wtf 1

Yeah, the day the GA easily accepts movies that are meant to shock your system it'll be a cold day in hell.

Honestly, this critic reception made me even more curious to see it. If it does end up being irredeemable though, it'll be a downer of an evening.

However, we can probably forget about this making any money, there was already bad blood on this reboot even from fans. This now needs to be far above Venom on pure entertainment to even have a chance at an upset.

Edited by WhiteWings

14 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

Be careful though, bringing up the bad Batman movies will get you into some thin ice with the DC fanboys around here.

Well i say maybe they should be spending their time watching Shazam instead.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

remember when it turned out the guy in charge of drafthouse helped out and covered for all his sex pest buddies but no one decided to get mad because it's every hipster's favourite cinema chain? weird!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, is the director gonna tweet and say his version was better?

https://www.thewrap.com/hellboy-david-harbour-game-of-thrones-neil-marshall/

But the latest “Hellboy” movie was born of clashes between director Neil Marshall and two of the film’s 16 producers.

is that....normal.

I legit don't get what Drafthouse is on about. Not only has RT's Twitter reported on rotten scores for Disney movies before (almost as if that's part of the job and what the website is for or something. I know, shocking), but their logic of "people worked hard on it, so you can't say it's bad" is one of the most pathetic excuses to deflect criticism on something. Son of the Mask had people working hard on the project, but it's still a bad movie.

Then again, a theater owned by Tim League defending an Avi Lerner production is fitting in a way.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This is a fair point to make...just don’t know how specifying Disney helps their case. Especially since their latest movie was rotten. I see no reason why RT wouldn’t highlight a rotten Disney movie similarly. The issue is with how RT announces the scores, but that tweet seems disingenuous with the ‘Disney’ part thrown in there. 

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

This is a fair point to make...just don’t know how specifying Disney helps their case. Especially since their latest movie was rotten. I see no reason why RT wouldn’t highlight a rotten Disney movie similarly. The issue is with how RT announces the scores, but that tweet seems disingenuous with the ‘Disney’ part thrown in there. 

To be a little fair. Superhero movies do not get these bad scores often. Not since Fan4stic or Elektra or Batman Forever.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's good but it's got a long way to go if it wants to beat Lee Daniels' The Butler

hK5I1uS.png?1

couldn't quite fit them all in one screenshot.

Super Troopers 2 has like 50+ producer credits because anyone who gave $10,000 in the IndieGoGo campaign was given a producing credit

• Like 4