ddddeeee

HELLBOY | April 12 2019 | David Harbour

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think criticizing RT tweet is fine and reasonable but why are some on Twitter being so protective over a vapid studio controlled Deadpool wannabe movie? Marshall, as far as I know, did no on camera interviews for the thing, it's pretty clear that it's not really his movie. Laughing at a dumb studio movie getting bad reviews is fine. 

I'm pretty sure these guys are the same kind of people defending the Oldboy remake just because Spike Lee directed it even if it was pretty clear he only did it for the paycheck. 

12 minutes ago, Mulder said:

No the blurb itself made it obvious that it was a negative review. I looked again just now and that same review is now marked as rotten. 

Thx, that happens also rather often there, I do not think a lot of ppl work there at once, if the mistake even was on their side (in such a case probably not)

For me its really mostly a kind of inner preparation to what might waltz in here in 2 weeks (shudder), I still feel we got some strange new ones rather recently.

Not that the old members (myself included) cant be strange sometimes too 😉

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

but why are some on Twitter being so protective over a vapid studio controlled superhero movie? 

This has literally been going on for years. They do it with every one of these films. 

All of the superhero films are studio controlled. They’re usually all actually controlled by the major studios too. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWings said:

Oh, how I did not miss you and your foaming at the mouth being around. I was talking about Borat you mute bat. And not even about the critics, but box office.

It wouldn’t do well because comedy at the cinema is a dying genre. People would’ve just watched it at home. 

I hated the original two films and this one looks just as stupid.  Does anyone want to see this?  I doubt it even opens at number one this weekend.  Will Packer films tend to open around 20 million.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Little open a bit north of that.  

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

This has literally been going on for years. They do it with every one of these films. 

All of the superhero films are studio controlled. They’re usually all actually controlled by the major studios too. 

I'm not talking about every one of these films as every Superhero film isn't bad. I'm talking about bad Superhero films that have no heart or soul. Movies like Fan4stick 2015.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

You were on about "PC critics" and how politically incorrect movies don't get good reviews multiple times in this thread. And you don't have to be an asshole to me (but I do guess that many people who use the word PC unironically also love to talk crap about others). I miss you and your bullcrap arguments too. Go ahead blaming stuff on others.

Barnack said you were off the mark even before I stepped in, I'm telling you that you were off the mark. Go ahead and keep doubling down instead of facing reality, it makes for great discussion. Like always.

1 hour ago, AJG said:

It wouldn’t do well because comedy at the cinema is a dying genre. People would’ve just watched it at home. 

Well, comedy has never been huge, maybe action comedy. But CBM seem to have swallowed that genre.

But yeah, it would also be my guess it'd do far less now.

Even the good old Hellboy movies don't seem that impressive to me anymore to be honest. They are, at times, quite beautiful. But plenty of scenes are a bit of a drag to get through, at least on a rewatch.

I'd agree Hellboy 3 would have been interesting, considering it'd likely be the prophecy's climax. But there's little point on crying over spilt milk. Yet I keep seeing reviewers bring it up, which becomes a little depressing.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I hated the original two films and this one looks just as stupid.  Does anyone want to see this?  I doubt it even opens at number one this weekend.  Will Packer films tend to open around 20 million.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Little open a bit north of that.  

I thought the first two were ok. This looks like pure crap.

1 hour ago, WhiteWings said:

Barnack said you were off the mark even before I stepped in, I'm telling you that you were off the mark. Go ahead and keep doubling down instead of facing reality, it makes for great discussion. Like always.

Barnack said I was off the mark because I quoted that comment about Borat. You were talking about "PC critics" in the thread other times. I was talking about your comments generally. About the comments you made before Borat was even brought up. You talked about how critics are PC and will give anything politically incorrect bad ratings and that audiences won't watch anything that will "shock the system" or something. Neither of which is true. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

To be fair, Golden Army would be hard to top even if this reboot were good. The immediate sequel balanced the humor just right, and the character growth is some of the best seen in any CBM. The Barry Manilow scene with Abe and Hellboy is a good example of this. "C'mon. Have a beer." "Oh, no. My body is a temple." "Well, now it's an amusement park."

• Like 2

I actually think this would’ve still flopped even if it was 90% on RT. 

It just looks so unappealing outside of hardcore Hellboy fans, and the previous two films weren’t exactly hits.  

The first made $99m worldwide on a budget of $66m. The second did fair better with $160m worldwide, although still just below double its budget of $85m. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Do we 'know' who those, apparently the worst of all, 2 producers are?

It's probably the duo who produced Die Hard movies...

There are some news revealing that the director and the DP clashed with Lawrence Gordon and Lloyd levin ( producers ). The DP ended up being replaced, and the director didn't get the final cut ( he didn't have the final say in his own movie ). I think the same thing happened in Thor The Dark World, where the director got kicked off by the producers and the final cut wasn't his.

It's hilarious that Alan Taylor ( Thor The Dark World's director ) and Neil Marshall ( Hellboy's director ) both directed episodes of Game of Thrones at some point. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I actually think this would’ve still flopped even if it was 90% on RT. 

It just looks so unappealing outside of hardcore Hellboy fans, and the previous two films weren’t exactly hits.  

The first made $99m worldwide on a budget of $66m. The second did fair better with $160m worldwide, although still just below double its budget of $85m. 

The first two Hellboys were great visual experiences. This looks like something that should've gone straight to VOD.