grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

When do Solo tickets go on sale?

The rumor is May 4

Edited by captainwondyful
JINX!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/avengers-infinity-war-on-track-for-heroic-opening-1524130321?mod=e2tw

The third “Avengers” movie has already sold more than $50 million worth of advance tickets, behind only “The Force Awakens” and December’s “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” in all-time presales, said people familiar with the matter

Considering that all of the presales are for 1st weekend lol. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 5

29 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I was just pointing out why I personally find it - not to be rude, but here it goes - pretty dumb that anyone would be disappointed by that of all reasons. Kind of an observation too, structured as an argument of sorts.

Fair enough. Maybe disappointed isn’t the right word for me. Surprised? I’m looking for it to do $40 million. In my head that’s the target number based on the hype surrounding the film and just the anecdotal evidence I see online. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/avengers-infinity-war-on-track-for-heroic-opening-1524130321?mod=e2tw

The third “Avengers” movie has already sold more than $50 million worth of advance tickets, behind only “The Force Awakens” and December’s “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” in all-time presales, said people familiar with the matter

Does the article say anything else of interest? I can’t get around the paywall. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Mad Titan said:

Fair enough. Maybe disappointed isn’t the right word for me. Surprised? I’m looking for it to do $40 million. In my head that’s the target number based on the hype surrounding the film and just the anecdotal evidence I see online. 

Yeah, I'd say O/U 35M seems like a good range for it to hit, given the same reasons you have (anecdotal evidence + juggernaut waves of hype that bring me Force Awakens deja-vus). And if it hits 40 or higher - which would guarantee at least a 90M OD, probably closer to or over 100 - I'm pretty sure that any other MCU FSS internal multiplier would get it over The Last Jedi. MCU seems more walkup driven than Star Wars, after all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Previews tonight at my theater:

Super Troopers: 15/78

I Feel Pretty: 2/78

Traffik: 1/78

IFP is running behind Blockers and Game Night quite a bit.

Is that one ticket you by any chance? 

:hahaha:

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

How the hell has it sold a single ticket then :huh:

probably someone is dumb enough to think that getting a ticket to Traffik is paying off an actual traffic ticket

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Holy shit. I didn't even expect it to get anywhere near $50m in pre-sales considering nothing outside of SW ever has. And both TFA and TLJ were spread out over the holidays. As you said, that's almost certainly all first weekend. I definitely think 50m+ previews are happening now, in which case the OW record is toast. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

As you said, that's almost certainly all first weekend.

To give an idea of the 267 last Avengers sales on fandango, non first weekend sales:

5 that monday

9 that tuesday

2 that wednesday

1 thursday

1 for 2018-05-08

18 totals (maybe some I didn't saw, but probably very little more than that....)

93% of the sales were for the OW.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 2

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

To give an idea of the 267 last Avengers sales on fandango, non first weekend sales:

5 that monday

9 that tuesday

2 that wednesday

1 thursday

1 for 2018-05-08

18 (maybe some I didn't saw, but....)

Means we still have 7 more days of presale correct? So the final number will probably be $70 million or more. 

I wonder what the % of presales to OW were for TFA and TLJ?

Edited by The Mad Titan

Super Troopers 2 130 1366 9.52%
Traffik 101 994 10.16%

ST2 Comps:

49% of Bad Moms Christmas' 3-Day ($8.2M)

52% of Daddy's Home 2 ($15.5M)

Traffik Comps:

28% of Proud Mary ($2.8M)

65% of Den of Thieves ($9.9M)

78% of Red Sparrow ($13.1M)

Feel like the Bad Moms and Proud Mary comps will be the most accurate come the end of the weekend.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Barnack said:

5 that monday

9 that tuesday

2 that wednesday

1 thursday

1 for 2018-05-08

18 totals (maybe some I didn't saw, but....)

Another HP7 part 2!?