grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Today sales, if tracking is accurate Super troopers will probably beat some pre-sales / box office record, Rampage has been relatively low in term of pre-sales vs is box office I think, most if not all is days and in pre-sales, Deadpool in the top 7 already:

Avengers 9967
Super Tr 2744
A Quiet  2656
I Feel P 1656
Rampage  1484
Ready Pl 1033
Deadpool 867
Blockers 812
Black Pa 691
Blumhous 420
Isle of  394
Bharat A 381
Chappaqu 291
Traffik 269
Tyler Pe 264
I Can On 239
Sherlock 197
The Metr 132
Beirut 123
The Mira 115
A Wrinkl 105
Love, Si 90
Edited by Barnack
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, LeoC said:

Wait.. since when did DP2's presales start? 

Tomorrow is the official launch, but they've been on sale sporadically since Sunday.  A huge wave of them went up late last night which is driving most Fandango sales, I would presume.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Super Troopers has been having very good pre-sales but how much of that is crowd funded fan mania?  Does any one recall what the pre-sales looked like for The Veronica Mars movie?

Reception[edit]

Box office[edit]

Preliminary box office tracking reports were initially up in the air due to the unprecedented financial nature of Veronica Mars.[50][51] The film earned $260,000 from its Thursday night showings (in 95 theaters),[52] and reached a $1 million 1.25-day total after expanding to 291 theaters on Friday.[53] In its opening weekend, the film grossed $1,988,351 in 291 theaters in the United States, ranking #11 at the box office.[54] Analysts at the time noted that the unusual financial history and distribution of the film made it difficult to interpret these numbers or to compare them to those of other films.[55]

The film grossed $3,322,127 in domestic box office and $163,000 in foreign box office (Austria, Germany and United Kingdom) for a worldwide total of $3,485,127.[4]

(Wikipedia)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Super Troopers has been having very good pre-sales but how much of that is crowd funded fan mania?  Does any one recall what the pre-sales looked like for The Veronica Mars movie?

Didn’t Veronica Mars only open in a handful of theaters?

BOP predictions: https://pro.boxoffice.com/weekend-forecast-feel-pretty-super-troopers-2-traffik/

A Quiet Place: 23M

Rampage: 17.2M

I Feel Pretty: 17M

Ready Player One: 7.3M

Truth or Dare: 6.7M

Blockers: 6.3M

Super Troopers: 6.2M

Black Panther: 4M

Isle of Dogs: 3.9M

I Can Only Imagine: 2.7M

Traffik: 2.7M

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP predictions: https://pro.boxoffice.com/weekend-forecast-feel-pretty-super-troopers-2-traffik/

A Quiet Place: 23M

Rampage: 17.2M

I Feel Pretty: 17M

Ready Player One: 7.3M

Truth or Dare: 6.7M

Blockers: 6.3M

Super Troopers: 6.2M

Black Panther: 4M

Isle of Dogs: 3.9M

I Can Only Imagine: 2.7M

Traffik: 2.7M

Sounds about right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheikh said:

MT Update

23.1% Avengers: Infinity War

16% Quiet Place, A

13% Rampage

5.9% Super Troopers 2

5.7% Blockers

the fact that Infinity War is only selling a little more than AQP and Rampage right now makes it seem like it should only be making around 30M in previews.

16 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

the fact that Infinity War is only selling a little more than AQP and Rampage right now makes it seem like it should only be making around 30M in previews.

Hard to sell what has already been sold I guess.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Hard to sell what has already been sold I guess.

I have no idea why, but that sentence just sounds so inquisitive to my ears. Honestly feels like it should be a famous quote or something

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

isnt 30m a lot? that would be the most an MCU film has done