grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

10 hours ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

ASIB without Wednesday from midnight Central to 2 pm Eastern: 7,861

Venom: 7,697

Its already begun sneaks be damned 

The fact that this is beating Venom even in presales... :hahaha:

Even if they’re neck and neck in presales, I’m sure Venom can pull it out in the end.    

After all, adult-targeted romances with a musical component and Oscar buzz are notoriously frontloaded :Gaga:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

ASIB without Wednesday from midnight Central to 2 pm Eastern: 7,861

Venom: 7,697

Its already begun sneaks be damned 

3taVfaz7_o.jpg

I knew that you have some concrete info otherwise you wouldn't go IN on ASIB OW >> Venom OW  

:ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod:

Edited by MaxAggressor

6 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

This isn't including Venom other formats tho

The source I’m using does collect all of the formats together. If you don’t believe that, here is the past 24 hours separated out as a check http://akvalley.pythonanywhere.com/static/fandango_past24hours.txt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Bohemian Rhapsody is now selling tickets for opening weekend and The Nutcracker has showtimes up but aren't on sale yet for that weekend. Former starts at 7:00 (FYI it has already sold 6 tickets for that first showing on Thursday night) while the latter begins at 6:00.

A Star Is Born is going over $50M. I wouldnt even hesitate to say that $55-60M is on the cards. My theater is giving it 5 showtimes for Thursday night. A theater that held showtimes tonight in my area sold out the 7PM show time. 

Just a comparison: Ocean's 8 only got 2 showtimes for Thursday night and was about 25% full for the Wednesday early preview. But the way A Star Is Born is selling, I don't even know that Ocean's 8 is a valid comp anymore. I have no idea what a valid comp is for it anymore to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

Just now, Nova said:

A Star Is Born is going over $50M. I wouldnt even hesitate to say that $55-60M is on the cards. My theater is giving it 5 showtimes for Thursday night. A theater that held showtimes tonight in my area sold out the 7PM show time. 

Just a comparison: Ocean's 8 only got 2 showtimes for Thursday night and was about 25% full for the Wednesday early preview. But the way A Star Is Born is selling, I don't even know that Ocean's 8 is a valid comp anymore. I have no idea what a valid comp is for it anymore to be honest. 

Yeah, it's blowing Ocean's 8 out of the water here with an additional screen (this is getting 4 screens instead of 3 like that did). Really can't see it opening below that movie at this point.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The trailer views online are low key underwhelming, though. 

I'm doing research in that department for a couple of years now. A Star is Born will be huge with older females.
The source to watch here is Facebook and Trailerclicks are double the clicks of YT. That's a very encouraging sign.

Book Club had like 1m klicks on YT, but 25m on FB for Example. 
ASIB won't skew THAT old though...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MT lead for ASIB has grown from .6 (18.3 vs 17.7) to 2.0 (21.4 vs 19.4). It’s pretty hard to interpret that thanks to the Wednesday showings though.

Edit: 6PM Pacific, +2.4 (24 vs 21.6)

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1