grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I was looking at Holmes & Watson's sales on Fandango the past couple of days, and they're surprisingly not bad. It was initially ahead of Second Act by a pretty comfortable margin for the past few days. Right now, Second Act is ahead of it, but that's because it's coming out sooner.

Guess people can't resist that Ferrell-Reilly team-up (I'll probably force myself to see it tbh :unsure:)

Oh yeah, it's gonna do well. 60M+ isn't off the table. Marwen will be the only Downsizing/Father Figures this season because Second Act and Vice should at least hit 30-35M (the latter will probably do more in January).

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Shallow Dong reports that AQUAMAN is about 50% of WW’s advanced sales. MPR all he says is “the sky’s the limit”.

WW Final advanced sales or WW advanced sales in the Same Period? If it's the second option, it's not good at all.

The trailer for Holmes & Watson actually got a lot of laughs at my Spider-Man showing over the weekend. It won’t go as high as Daddy’s Home did on Christmas did three years ago but yeah, it’ll do well. Being the only silly PG-13 comedy out around Christmas will help a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Aquaman is gonna go even higher today...Atom released a deal for $7 off any movie ticket bought through Chase Pay and $5 off 2 tickets for Aquaman specifically...many, many people will probably take advantage of incredibly cheap OW matinee tickets today:)...

Yep, I just paid $8.50 total for two tickets for Christmas day. This will be our third Aquaman viewing.  I went to the Prime screening with my wife and son, we are going to see it again on IMAX this coming Saturday.  I wanted to watch Bumblebee on Christmas Day but the wife said nope.  So Aquaman it is.  Sometimes I don’t get this woman, she doesn’t even like SH movies. She refused to watch Spider-Verse, but have no problem watching Aquaman 3 times. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

34 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Shallow Dong reports that AQUAMAN is about 50% of WW’s advanced sales. MPR all he says is “the sky’s the limit”.

Is it true that MPR now has more presales than TFA and TLJ combined?

37 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

HOLY SHIT HOLMES

I knew $100M was always possible for the much maligned Holmes.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

WW Final advanced sales or WW advanced sales in the Same Period? If it's the second option, it's not good at all.

Not bad , It’s on par with the tracking Wonder Woman opened at $100M and that this point was tracking at $85M+ Aquaman is tracking $60M-$70M.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, grim22 said:

Did they just paste the Poppins number for Aquaman? A 57-62M start won't lead to 115M. A 68-75M start however can.

It's definitely a mistake. Their previous breakdown was $65M 3-day and $100M 5-day. If the breakdown remains exactly the same, that would mean Aquaman is tracking for a $75M OW right now, which makes a lot more sense, and sounds great. It'll still go up, but that's where I would expect it to be at this point.