grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

50 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

MT by itself is weak evidence. at 24 hour fandango, JW3 is 50% ahead of Endgame and plus JW3 is all adult tickets while Endgame would still have kids tickets. I dont see Wick 3 go below Endgame next week when Zilla will hit Endgame harder than JW3. Endgame will start to shed screens very fast. JW3 would be in 3rd weekend and will hold better.

Perhaps it will be there week after. Godzilla is gonna take a lion sized share from it. DP will be hurt like Shazam was. Even worse in the couple weeks after with SLOP and TS4 

KOTM (May 26th update)

4:40pm - 5/336

7:40pm - 17/336

10:40pm - 1/336

Other theatres are selling better around me, especially the imax screens(about 100 tickets sold for some of the showings ) but at my theatre I normally track this definitely isn’t doing very good. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

KOTM (May 26th update)

4:40pm - 5/336

7:40pm - 17/336

10:40pm - 1/336

Other theatres are selling better around me, especially the imax screens(about 100 tickets sold for some of the showings ) but at my theatre I normally track this definitely isn’t doing very good. 

Is the format 3D or 2D if I can ask?

Looking at big picture of overall ww box office its fascinating. Top 5 now is now 2 billion club. But 1 billion? There are 39 movies that have 1 billion or more. So if you want a top 40 movie now you neex a billion

It gives some pause for thought. In a few years that will be top 50 at a billion and who knows maybe a 2 billion top 10....

9 minutes ago, Tinalera said:

Looking at big picture of overall ww box office its fascinating. Top 5 now is now 2 billion club. But 1 billion? There are 39 movies that have 1 billion or more. So if you want a top 40 movie now you neex a billion

It gives some pause for thought. In a few years that will be top 50 at a billion and who knows maybe a 2 billion top 10....

And they say that streaming killed cinema.... :D

• Like 1

The ticket sales for Dark Phoenix and Pets 2 are abysmal here at North Shore. The former has sold 11 tickets so far on Thursday and the latter has sold 3. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

Not An X-Men Thread, but... That'd be like "Show a happy Thanos" or "Show a wise and solemn Deadpool".

Mutants vs Society is kinda one of the major points of X-Men. :lol:  

Few hours late to responding but you might've taken it a little too seriously Porthos. :D

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I've heard through the grapevine Chalamet was a frontrunner to play Nightcrawler in Apocalypse. If Papa Feige is willing to give him some work in the future, then hey....

He was actually one of the frontrunners for Spider-Man during the casting of the role for Civil War before Holland got it. It worked out for both of them though, since Homecoming would've prevented him from making Call Me by Your Name due to scheduling conflicts.

• Like 1

KotM does not appear to be getting the customary Sunday (Night) boost that most openers get on Fandango.  Might be because of the 4day weekend though.  So if CoolEric258's numbers for tonight come in low, keep that in mind.

(Have not started the Sacramento count yet; won't for another hour or so)

• Like 2

Just now, Porthos said:

KotM does not appear to be getting the customary Sunday (Night) boost that most openers get on Fandango.  Might be because of the 4day weekend though.  So if CoolEric258's numbers for tonight come in low, keep that in mind.

Yeah, I wouldn't read into numbers for next weekend yet because this one is still going strong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Few hours late to responding but you might've taken it a little too seriously Porthos. :D

He was actually one of the frontrunners for Spider-Man during the casting of the role for Civil War before Holland got it. It worked out for both of them though, since Homecoming would've prevented him from making Call Me by Your Name due to scheduling conflicts.

He would've been better off with Spider-Man from a quality front

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Not really. It’s one of the main themes in the comics. Stan Lee himself they were a metaphor for the Civil Rights movement.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

This is triggering a real fight or flight response for me right about now

I've got....big irl personal reasons for my absolute disdain for it just going to say now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Not really. It’s one of the main themes in the comics. Stan Lee himself they were a metaphor for the Civil Rights movement.

I was referring to my comment about living in perfect harmony lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Oh. My bad.

Actually a pitch like that could work, and make into some sort of political thriller with a big conspiracy theory. 

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

05d.jpg

Fun fact: Lucas Hedges was also in the running for Spider-Man during the casting for Civil War and if he had gotten it likely would've been unable to make Manchester by the Sea (which was shot around the same time as Civil War). Amazing how everything worked out since all three of these guys' careers are going great between Holland landing Spidey and the other two becoming among the youngest Oscar nominees ever.

23 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Monday will be making 40+ million at the DOM box office, way over any typical Monday, so i wouldn't expect a boost for it. 
Then Tuesday will have the regular strength of discount Tuesdays that will also keep it from really excelling on that day too. 

I think given the structure of this week, Fandango won't be as useful a predictor until Wednesday or Thursday, if that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Monday will be making 40+ million at the DOM box office, way over any typical Monday, so i wouldn't expect a boost for it. 
Then Tuesday will have the regular strength of discount Tuesdays that will also keep it from really excelling on that day too. 

I think given the structure of this week, Fandango won't be as useful a predictor until Wednesday or Thursday, if that. 

I'm thinking of this as a Second Saturday with tomorrow being Sunday Instead of Monday.  Think it'll even out by Tuesday though as it's always Discount Tuesday.  Should be a lower than normal Discount Tuesday for most already in-theater movies, in fact, given all the extra demand burnt off today.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1