grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

22 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Wonder what the budget is? I assume it's $60-70m. Smurfs just about broke even thanks to OS. If Emoji and The Star underperform and the 2018 slate does as well, it could be curtains for SPA

Emoji is budgeted at $50M and The Star is surprisingly budgeted at $18M.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

With all the voice talent they got, $18M??  That has to be a mistake or the biggest steal of the century!!!

Thank god for outsourcing.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Fandango Pulse:

2pm EST: Avg sales per minute

As evidenced by Girls ranking at #2 on the meter and Dunkirk #4 = sales per minute do not equate to tickets sold per minute

Girls:   21

Dunkirk:  23

Valerian: 4.75

As you're going through these, are you differentiating between Dunkirk and Dunkirk: The IMAX experience? Could explain why

26 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

With all the voice talent they got, $18M??  That has to be a mistake or the biggest steal of the century!!!

Also Peter Rabbit is budgeted at $50M and HT3 is at $65M. So much for the end of SPA right @Jonwo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cmbbox2390 said:

What site is more reliable relative to presales and opening weekend, Fandango or Movie Tickets. Their top fives are so different from each other.

I'm not entirely sure but I heard Fandango represents a bigger % of tickets sold online than MT. So fandango would be my answer. 

That being said MT is also reliable. There is no questions in regards to reliability for either of the platforms.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I'm not entirely sure but I heard Fandango represents a bigger % of tickets sold online than MT. So fandango would be my answer. 

That being said MT is also reliable. There is no questions in regards to reliability for either of the platforms.  

They can't both be right. :sparta: