26 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Movietickets (1st update today):

1. Dunkirk  23,1%

2. Spidey   15,2%

3. Apes      12,1%

4. DM3      10,5%

5. Girls trip  8,7%

You're fast, just about to share it 👍🏼

Still thinking whether Valerian will at least pop up at #5.

Pulse seems to be frozen. It's had the same top 5 since last night and whenever I refresh, the same pattern of tickets pops up. Hope it gets un-frozen soon cause I'm very curious to see if and when Valerian makes the top 5.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

I think Dunkirk will have better than expected walk ups.  There'll be Nolanite frontloading, but its core audience is likely an older one that doesn't pre-buy their tickets as much.

This is the X factor this weekend. I'm not sure which offsets which and by how much

Dunkirk's digital screenings are finally starting to sell well by me. Although the decision to start at 6pm may cut into the box office a bit. 6pm is too early and while the second showings at around 9pm-ish are selling better than 6, it may be a little too late for many on a Thursday night.

Edited by Jayhawk

Valerian - 4 showings

3 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 26 seats (3D showing), 62 seats, 0 seats

1 Normal Screen - 78 seats - SOLD OUT

Total Seats: 166/948 (17.5%) - Better than I thought, but thats because my expectations are really really really low 

Dunkirk - 6 showings

3 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 104 seats, 108 seats, 8 seats

2 Super Screen - 134 seats- 39 seats, 10 seats

1 Normal Screen - 78 seats - 0 seats

Total Seats: 269/1,216 (22.1%) - Eh, alright...good start. It is about on the same level as War for the Planet of the Apes. Seeing the presales on Fandango I thought it would have been higher. 

Girl's Trip - 6 showings

2 Super Screen - 134 seats - 9 seats, 3 seats

4 Normal Screen - 78 seats - 69 seats, 11 seats, 0 seats, 1 seat

Total Seats: 93/580 (16%) - Good for a comedy 

Ahhh this weekend...I'm sticking to my predicts b/c it looks like each movie has its strengths and weaknesses in presales...

Dunkirk is not selling as well at "normal" theaters...Girls Trip is not selling as well at theaters within 10 miles of each other (one selling out everything and the other sitting with 1/3 full screens when it's only got 2 showings tonight) and is not selling matinees but is blowing out nights...Valerian is selling literally zero tickets for 2 normal showings, but somehow has 25 sales to a 3d showing, so maybe what it can't make up in tickets sold, it can make up in premiums (still is #5 at best this weekend)...

Very interesting to see how this plays out...there's no new Fandango AndroidPay code for the weekend yet, and the only movie with an Atom deal is Valerian, which is still ongoing, probably through Friday night...

• Like 1

Since MT skews older, and Apes seems to be losing more and more % to Spidey, could we be looking at an upset this weekend with Spidey over Apes (even with Spidey losing more showings and screens?)...since if Apes, an older skewing movie, can't beat him here, that's gotta be a bad sign...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Sticking with my predictions from the past couple weeks. High 30s/low 40s for Dunkirk, high 20s for Girls Trip, mid teens for Valerian. Dunkirk is selling bleh down in South Florida but really quite well in D.C.

• Like 1

Dunkirk sitting pretty at the top of MT as well. Expect GT to be #2 soon.

1. Dunkirk - 31.2%

2. SMH - 12.2%

3. GT - 11%

4. WftPotA - 10.7%

5. DM3 - 8.2%

I don't expect to see Valerian on MT top 5 today but it'll be a pretty bad sign if it can't sneak on to Pulse top 5 some time tonight.

• Like 2

Valerian finished with about 15 tickets for the 5:00 2D at my theater. Rest:

6:00 Dunkirk: 59/78

6:40 Valerian 3D: 31/60 (yes, they moved this down to the smallest auditorium lmao)

7:00 Girls Trip: 45/78

8:45 Dunkirk: 26/78

9:45 Valerian 3D: 6/60

10:00 Girls Trip: 3/78

• Like 1