grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

5 minutes ago, We0uthere said:

Yeah that shit got me confused as hell. There's also this pattern where movies are quite scattered during the day, but during the night time IT just starts dominating like crazy. This has been the case since at least the past week - when I started checking. 

Probably because many people are simply buying tickets for movies they'll be seeing that day during the day. At night, the tickets being bought for IT are more obvious and seem to increase because of a decrease in other movie sales. Either that or nighttime is when people think about reserving their tickets for IT...which I find unlikely. 

Deep Wang updates:

- IT presales are ahead of where Doctor Strange was at the same point in time before release. Already exceeded the final presales of Apes, Dunkirk, Power Rangers etc. Only behind the CBMs in terms of presales

- American Assassin is about 50% higher than Mother

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Too lazy to find the thread, but some critics have seen Home Again and are hinting it's VERY bad

This is hardly surprising. Love Reese, but she must have done this movie as a favor considering how...low-rent...it looks.

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang updates:

- IT presales are ahead of where Doctor Strange was at the same point in time before release. Already exceeded the final presales of Apes, Dunkirk, Power Rangers etc. Only behind the CBMs in terms of presales

Dr Strange opened to $85m for people too lazy to Google.

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang updates:

I guess you mean CBMs and Star Wars? Otherwise are you saying IT > SW: TFA??? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang updates:

Where is IT in relation to Fantastic Beasts? If it can do similar numbers I'd say it has a strong shot at $90m-$100m thanks to walkups

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang updates:

Where are AA and mother! at in relation to other genre films?

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

I am expecting this to be really walk-up based. It's a horror movie after all. But anyway, we will see. Your numbers make sense.

It isn't behaving like a normal horror film and already has a built in fanbase, so I totally won't be surprised if it plays out like FB and ends up being pretty presale based. It could also go the opposite way and hit the range you're saying. There's really no one way to know, and that's what's exciting about this run :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Wow.  IT is about 60% of Fandango sales right now.  What's the highest MT % people have seen? This could be 80% Friday thanks to nothing else being out there.

Didn't one of the Star Wars movies hit 90% at some point?

Edited by Boxofficerules