grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

39 minutes ago, raegr said:

That's not good...

Is it?

come on you really need to think for a moment. Grim just posted Presales is slightly better than BvS, 30% better than SS and 90% better than WW same point in time before release . What does that tell you ?

Edited by mredman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

The Dceu does a good Job at retaining its Fanbase from film to film so I will not be shock if both JL and wW both have 400mil Domestic totals.

It’s almost like the reviews don’t matter....

2 hours ago, Brainiac5 said:

Hopefully, I’m more  concerned with it crossing the 400domestic mark more than anything.

Does that arbitrary mark really matter if this delivers overseas like it should?

7 minutes ago, RRA said:

Does that arbitrary mark really matter if this delivers overseas like it should?

The Dceu was the first to have two 300mil grossers in one year so it’s a personal goal for me to see it be the first to have two 400mil Domestic grossers in one year as well.

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

He could be right, but Mendleson is the biggest fucking hack in the business.  

Ouch, but if there is one thing we can agree on, it's that. Homeboy is...interesting when it comes to box office.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

His insistence that Jurassic World is a female led movie is one of the weirder things. If you have to insist that it is, it probably isn't.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I didn't follow him much prior to WW, but I thought he did a fairly good job with the weekly WW updates ...

In fact he was one of the first one to have the daily figures .... but I digress since I don't know/follow his history.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Subzero said:

I didn't follow him much prior to WW, but I thought he did a fairly good job with the weekly WW updates ...

In fact he was one of the first one to have the daily figures .... but I digress since I don't know/follow his history.

He did put out daily updates for WW (He does not get daily figures btw, he gets it from same source as we do, deadline/BOR/etc, he just reports them quickly). But he cant analyse or project for shit. It's almost funny reading some of his analysis (for e.g. he thought SMH could do 20 million on the low end in China 😂)

And that 140-160 figure is just a guess from him. Thats not tracking or anything. But that is the likely range IMO

• Like 2

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline.com/2015/06/jurassic-world-all-time-box-office-opening-record-tracking-social-media-1201443293/amp/

I enjoy reading these old "why did we get it wrong" tracking stories.  Two reasons that could also drive JL higher than tracking is 1) lower tracking due to competition (Thor) and 2) more families/kids going which tracking seems to miss according to this article

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline.com/2015/06/jurassic-world-all-time-box-office-opening-record-tracking-social-media-1201443293/amp/

I enjoy reading these old "why did we get it wrong" tracking stories.  Two reasons that could also drive JL higher than tracking is 1) lower tracking due to competition (Thor) and 2) more families/kids going which tracking seems to miss according to this article

I'm bookmarking this. People are sleeping on this.

• Like 1