Eric Lasagna

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My trailer mix was meh:

Wonder

Transformers

The Mummy

Spider-Man

Apes

Geostorm

Wonder Woman

Cars

Star Wars

I missed the first one in the bathroom

Then I got

Transformers

Blade Runner

Spider-Man

Apes

Star Wars

Thor

The Mummy

I had seen all of the trailers already and I've already fanboyed over the Blade Runner and Star Wars trailers, so I wasn't doing flips or anything.

Edited by The Panda of the Caribbean
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Panda of the Caribbean said:

I missed the first one in the bathroom

Then man I got

Transformers

Blade Runner

Spider-Man

Apes

Star Wars

Thor

The Mummy

I had seen all of the trailers already and I've already fanboyed over the Blade Runner and Star Wars trailers, so I wasn't doing flips or anything.

Dude seeing the Wonder Woman trailer in IMAX is something else.  The music blasts into your ears and it all gets to you.  Same with the Star Wars trailer.  Valerian almost got to me but it wasn't in 3D so that almost took away from it.

Just now, That One Valerian said:

Dude seeing the Wonder Woman trailer in IMAX is something else.  The music blasts into your ears and it all gets to you.  Same with the Star Wars trailer.  Valerian almost got to me but it wasn't in 3D so that almost took away from it.

IMAX trailers are fun, the best was seeing that Dunkirk prologue when I was not expecting it, in 70mm.  I'm really hyped for that movie, Nolan might actually deliver something worthy of the praise it gets for once :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Panda of the Caribbean said:

IMAX trailers are fun, the best was seeing that Dunkirk prologue when I was not expecting it, in 70mm.  I'm really hyped for that movie, Nolan might actually deliver something worthy of the praise it gets for once :ph34r:

:kitschjob:

This post is half excellence and half not cool

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My trailer mix was meh:

Wonder

Transformers

The Mummy

Spider-Man

Apes

Geostorm

Wonder Woman

Cars

Star Wars

This is the exact set I got. Meh

Oh yeah, had Valerian in addition to those. 

Edited by MrPink

20 hours ago, Travod said:

You won't find too many people here who liked IMDb, but I miss it so much. The "replacement" (Movie-Awards-Redux) is dead.

On topic: How is the score for new Pirates?

I post on movie-awards redux (it's not the only replacement board for IMDb also), and I wouldn't describe it as dead. It's just not as active as IMDb. It's still well and running though.

I listened to parts of the score earlier. It sounded very forgettable. It just basically feels like a Zimmer clone score, composed by someone who was obviously a protege / ghost-writer of his. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

36 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

TLJ trailer does nothing for me at home, but hearing it in surround sound on the big screen gives me chills.

30 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

How can it be meh with Geostorm?

Geostorm looks like trash, and not the good kind.

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Had a chance to visit Shanghai this year and the Pirates ride at Shanghai Disneyland is INSANE. Kind of ruins the other versions for me now. 

Yeah you're lucky. Was so glad someone filmed it in HD on Youtube. Looks incredible and stoked they added One Day to the middle.

Live in FL and wish that would come here. Such an awesome mix of practical sets and 3D screens.

• Like 1