Eric Duncan

WEEKEND THREAD | 3-DAY ESTIMATES: Pirates - 62M ; Baywatch - 18M; Alien - 10.5M (71% drop) like. F8 crosses 1B OS.

3 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Anya Taylor Joy won rising star at Cannes. :wub: This girl will have a bright future.

Fantastic. Amazing in The Witch and Split. Hell, saw Morgan solely because she was in it  and despite the movie being meh overall, thought she was again really good. 

Edited by DealWithIt

Since WW looks to be safe from critics, they next movie that I bet they are going to devour is Transformers. I don't think it will be good but I already know how many are going into that with dread.

Expect some of the wittiest consensus's of the year in the battle of who can be the biggest smartass on RT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Split was a let down but Power Rangers was a diabolical mess.

The Rock has hit the panic button on social media: "but the B+ cinemascore" :lol:

He was literally on Radio1 earlier saying he done this movie on two conditions:

1. It's R rated

2. They try and make a franchise

Not with that shitty opening weekend! 

I mean, actors defending their newest movie isn't shocking. Rather have that than taking the Josh Trank route and nuking your career for the foreseeable future. 

The last time I saw this was during interviews and press tours. Sure, defend yourself there.  But quickly taking to twitter? I kind of hope more actors do this, it would be hilarious. 

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Since WW looks to be safe from critics, they next movie that I bet they are going to devour is Transformers. I don't think it will be good but I already know how many are going into that with dread.

Isn't Transformers immune to critics at this point? Franchise fatigue is the bigger threat.

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Expect some of the wittiest consensus's of the year in the battle of who can be the biggest smartass on RT.

Can't wait to see Transformers. It's my yearly dose of eye candy and mindless explosions. 

and I'm aware I'm part of the problem. Don't care! Give me that Optimus Prime murderbot goodness.

• Like 1

Just saw Baywatch - yeah, critics are crazy!

Review from myself and my husband - we both give the movie a solid B.  Some of the funniest scenes we have ever seen on film, wonderfully true to the original source material yet updated to 2017, the actors and actresses shined, especially Johnson and Efron together - they worked...and the cameos:)...  

The only flaws - it had some tonal shifts that were rough, it got a little too serious at times, some jokes fall flat, and the music wasn't always to our taste (which makes sense b/c we aren't 20 anymore:)...

I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good, fun time who isn't easily offended.  

It deserved better and hopefully, it is doing better...crowd was laughing loudly throughout...

And as for previews - the ones which got the most response were Girls Trip and The House's last trailer scene (silent til that one, but wow, that one was pretty funny:)... 

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

So I'm watching War Machine on Netflix.  There's no way in today's marketplace for a film like this to make a significant dent maybe Oscar season.  But honestly it's just ok.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Its not like Gore is busy though 

The Lone Ranger was a bomb of unholy proportions and his return to smaller fare (A Cure for Wellness) got mediocre reviews and found virtually no audience. TV projects are probably next.

5 minutes ago, DAARRRRR said:

So I'm watching War Machine on Netflix.  There's no way in today's marketplace for a film like this to make a significant dent maybe Oscar season.  But honestly it's just ok.

It's confused the heck out of Google.

y0V7gnk.png

• Like 15

I'm guessing that Disney has already passed $1 billion at the Domestic Box Office Today... Second fastest record too after the record they set last year.

January 1–May 21, 2017

Rank     Distributor Market
Total
    Gross*
     Movies
     Tracked
    Movies**
1 Buena Vista 22.8%   $981.5 7 3
2 Universal 20.3%   $874.5 8 6
3 20th Century Fox      16.2%   $695.6 11 6
4 Warner Bros. 12.0%   $516.8 21 8
5 Lionsgate 10.0%   $431.5 10 7