kayumanggi

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY | 179.1 M overseas ● 392.9 M worldwide

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I cannot wait for JW2 to arrive and end Solo OS. I don't want any so-so run but full debacle. We had some insane runs (BP, AIW, AQP) so it's time for a mega bomb. 

I think a "full debacle" is pretty much guaranteed at this point, we will remember this run for a long time to come! :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Solo under Justice League worldwide is now a possibility...Damn.

“Possibility”     

Under 1JL is L O C K E D      

In fact, Solo WW will be way closer to JL OS than to JL WW :ph34r:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, it's more like LOCKED.

Solo isn't even certain to beat Rampage WW if the 33M OD early figure is about correct.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, A2k Raptor said:

yeah i just went with 150-200 dom (tgs, la la, les mis) + 300 odd os. but poppins could really explode in some markets. 600-700 ww won't shock many.

I thought you were predicting just 2018 gross and was like "yeah, maybe a bit high but ok". Poppins is going way past 1b. 

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Justice League grossed $658M

I would say below 500M is a serious possibility unless it opens a lot higher than expected in the UK, developed incredible legs in the Us or Germany or Uk or China or does really well in China.

As a 33M OD (coming from 14.1M previews would mean a 18.9M true friday... that would mean a Dom total of probably around 250M and OS looks to be 200M..

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

This is the bigest flop in recent history. (If it goes under 450m WW)

I am going to just say, that it will.

(Okay I actually think it will get past that barely) but it's possible.

2 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Justice League grossed $658M

I would say below 500M is a serious possibility unless it opens a lot higher than expected in the UK, developed incredible legs in the Us or Germany or Uk or China or does really well in China.

As a 33M OD (coming from 14.1M previews would mean a 18.9M true friday... that would mean a Dom total of probably around 250M and OS looks to be 200M..

Can confirm U.K. is looking not much bigger than Deadpool 2 second weekend...

34 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The Domestic numbers are bad but this is just something else. Episode IX's OS prospects might be changing for the worse.

TFA 1131M    

RO 524M   

TLJ 712M  

Solo 200-250M?      

Obviously there are individual factors for each movie that make it a lot harder to extract a real trend, but I'd put IX under TLJ rather than over if I was forced to pick right now.

28 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

TFA 1131M    

RO 524M   

TLJ 712M  

Solo 200-250M?      

Obviously there are individual factors for each movie that make it a lot harder to extract a real trend, but I'd put IX under TLJ rather than over if I was forced to pick right now.

IX is defo going under TLJ OS unless ER are crazy good and make up for drop in ticket sales. Competition is going to be much tougher plus OS markets are abandoning SW with much more ease than US. They let the past die, killed it if they had to. :lol:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 2

Solo Is Disaster - Deadpool 2 Down- Infinity Continues    

Solo - A Star Wars Story is a disaster in India with collections of just 35-40 lakhs nett. The Star Wars brand has little value in India as none of the Star Wars films have ever done well in India and that goes for the original Star Wars film of the 70's which is one of the biggest blockbusters ever in Hollywood but was a washout in India.

Deadpool 2 has dropped in the second week with second Friday collections being around 85% down from the first Friday. The english version has some some collections which has helped to collect in the 1.25-1.50 crore nett range. If it was as bad as Hindi and regional then the film would not even had 1 crore nett. The collections of Deadpool 2 till date are as follows.

First Week - 41,00,00,000

Friday - 1,35,00,000

TOTAL - 42,35,00,000

Avengers - Infinity War is still continuing to run in its fifth week and will hit 225 crore nett at the end of its fifth weekend.

The collections of Avengers - Infinity War till date is as follows

Week One - 1,56,52,00,000 

Week Two - 46,93,00,000 

Week Three  -  15,88,00,000 

Week Four - 4,75,00,000 apprx

Friday - 20,00,000 apprx

TOTAL - 2,24,28,00,000 apprx

AIW 5th weekend > Solo 1st weekend in India is a possibility.

As I predicted earlier it won't even do 1M in India. Unmitigated disaster.

Also Solo 1st weekend in Aus, NZ and UK will be less than DP2 2nd weekend in those countries.

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 4