Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Somehow saying avatar is the biggest film of all time is underselling it. Same for titanic.

2.2 billion OS. No film has come close to that. 1.7 billion for titanic. Only 1 movie is past that. A film that did 900 domestic. You can not find reason and explain 2.8 billion.

The fucking phenomenon of all phenomenons. Wish I had been into box office at the time. Can't imagine what it was like to follow. Hell looking back at its run now is a Hella ton more exciting than 99% of the runs we get today

Davy jones visual effects still blows my mind. Piper by pixar goes even beyond that. And then there are blur and blizzard who make amaging cinematic trailers.

I hope fox give cameron a superhuge budget so he can do something like piper but more than 2 hours.

Everything is in the 90's so far for WW

RT Score: 93%

Top Critics:93%

Audience Scores: 93%

A foreshadowing perhaps to the OW? 93M?

• Like 1

Avatar's legacy is clearly us debating whether it has a legacy or not.

• Like 8

The one word you can use to describe this preview number is 'covfefe'.

I can honestly say that I don't ever wanna see that record fall. It' too big. It's too impressive. It should stand forever

@Ethan Hunt can't give like. But avatar was the only hollywood movie whose box office even indian news channel were covering. It did good in every market. Completely agree, and I can bet once avatar 2 marketing starts, hype will be back.

But enough about Avatar... Wonder Woman

My mom seems to be aware of it's existence. Which is really something

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I can honestly say that I don't ever wanna see that record fall. It' too big. It's too impressive. It should stand forever

nah, Titanic's run was much more interesting, impressive and fun and THAT record fell.  So in time so will  Avatar's.  Just the nature of the beast

• Like 2

"Outsourced to Canada with a budget of just $38  million, DreamWorks Animation’s film is a radical experiment in low-cost studio animation. Is it the future?"

THR

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

But enough about Avatar... Wonder Woman

My mom seems to be aware of it's existence. Which is really something

so take her to watch it ;) 

Saturday the new Avatar land had a two hour wait just to get in.  And all week it's rides had over two hour waits.  While I admit it's pop culture footprint had faded, there's still enough interest.  Plus it's hard to doubt Cameron at this point

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

"Outsourced to Canada with a budget of just $38  million, DreamWorks Animation’s film is a radical experiment in low-cost studio animation. Is it the future?"

THR

I get the feeling DWA under Universal will outsource all their films. Everyone apart from Disney and Pixar do it.

I'm not giving up on my club just yet.

If WW follows Maleficent, it'll get... $180m.

I'm just going to post it here cause I'm already in this thread, but I'm just pissed. 

My bio teacher wouldn't let me wait an extra day to write my bio test cause my grandma died the day before and I didn't study cause of that and working 7 hours. But he let my friend write it next week because his cat died :/

Like what the fuck? And now my entire bio mark dropped 6%

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 75live said:

so take her to watch it ;) 

Hopefully at some point this week. 

Going to see Pirates with my dad tomorrow which is going to be his first movie in theatres since The Force Awakens

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DamienRoc said:

I'm not giving up on my club just yet.

If WW follows Maleficent, it'll get... $180m.

it's not following a Disney family film

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Saturday the new Avatar land had a two hour wait just to get in.  And all week it's rides had over two hour waits.  While I admit it's pop culture footprint had faded, there's still enough interest.  Plus it's hard to doubt Cameron at this point

Tbf that could just be Disney World not having anything new in a long time. Plus it looked awesome.

• Like 2

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Tbf that could just be Disney World not having anything new in a long time. Plus it looked awesome.

True, although the Guardians redo in California also had 5 hour waits