kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

I’d rather not have another Jenkins CBM blockbuster I think, especially MCU. Out of those options though, Superman does feel like by far the best fit.    

I think she might fit better with the ethos of Star Wars, we’ll see how that goes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

After the reception of WW84 I wonder if WB will be less inclined to wait for Patty Jenkins before moving forward with another Wonder Woman film. I suspect they'll move forward with a third without her.

I thought I read somewhere that Gal only wants to do a third with Patty but I might be mistaken. 

12 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I'd rate this above Rise of Skywalker.

Wonder Woman - 7.5

WW84 - 4.5

Rise of Skywalker - 1.5 (one of the worst movies I've ever watched)

I agree with all three of those ratings. I initially gave WW84 a 5.5/10 and felt like I was being generous. 

• Thanks 2

Just left the AMC.  Thought it was a real solid film and would give it a 7.5/10.  It is not as good as the first, but is still probably my second favorite DCEU film.  I can see why some might have been disappointed, but I left more than satisfied.  It felt damn good to be back in the theater also, as I haven't been since August (Tenet).

- Pedro Pascal was great.

- Gal was tremendous once again.

- The Steve/Diana scenes are once again the best part of the movie just like the first.

- I can see why people probably got bored or thought the pacing was too slow, I didn't mind. 

- The last 45 minutes are phenomenal and make the build up worth it.

- Hans Zimmer went off.

- Script needed work, especially for Barbra. 

Edited by Knights of Ren
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Disney/Marvel fans are having a field day with the combo of WW84 and BOP

Well, we are having field day since 2012 I guess. There was a rough patch in 2015 but it got over soon with absolute great Phase 3.

Honestly speaking I will take a 2018 over 2020. 2019 will be great but 2018 is more than awesome. MCU doing well is more enjoyable than DC not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I keep forgetting that Geoff Johns also wrote the script for this movie. Would it be fair to blame him for some of the more...problematic aspects of the script? I just want to be as fair to Patty Jenkins as possible. 

I would assume she had the final say as they wrote the movie together.

I don’t think anyone needs to make excuses for her. Reading her tweets from the live watch tonight on Twitter and over the last few months it seems this was the movie she intended to make and is very happy with the end product. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fielding said:

She should try her hand at Spidey. She couldn't possibly do any worse than whoever was responsible for the last two atrocities.

Sure Far From Home was below average but Homecoming was great. 

Also I’m a fan of Patty Jenkins, like WW84 more than most it seems, and would be happy for her to do a Spider-Man film but I don’t need to disparage the previous films  that have come out. 

Not just you but what is with all this DC compared to MCU (and even Star Wars) bullshit. All can be great and all can be bad but one being good doesn’t make the other bad and vice versa.

• Like 3