kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Wonder Woman was AUD31.3m. 

Reasonable goal. 

Thank you again. Hope you’re prediction comes to pass because that would be more than the first movie. I think it would have increased in UK and some other European countries too. But let’s see how things work out. Once again, thanks for keeping us updated on the BO Down Under. 

• Like 2

On 12/29/2020 at 10:41 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

62% from 337. 6.2.

+12 (3-9)

61% from 350. 6.2

+13 (3-10)    

Christ on a cracker. Seems pretty clear it will dip rotten at this point. Has that ever happened to a movie post-certification before?

9 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I noticed the 5 added overnight were rated rotten. Two of them from the same place, Daily Beast (?). 

Seems like it’s mostly blogs coming in now. 

It feel like initial reviews were planned that way. The reception is strictly poor in the three major markets I track the audience metrics; China, Korea and India.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It feel like initial reviews were planned that way. The reception is strictly poor in the three major markets I track the audience metrics; China, Korea and India.

But box office have not been bad in Korea and India. In fact, they’ve been good so far. At the end of the day, that’s the biggest factor in the studio’s consideration for a sequel. In fact, all the metrics are geared toward gauging and promoting profitability. WW84 is already the most streamed movie of 2020. It’s box office has been fine for a opening in a global pandemic. The most determinative aspect is still unknown though. Let’s see how many subscriptions HBOMAX was able to garner for the movie. If it’s significant, then they’ll be happy and move on to planning WW3. If it isn’t, then perhaps this is an Amazing Spider-Man situation where there’s a slight chance that they MAY consider making some changes prior to moving forward with the next movie. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

61% from 350. 6.2

+13 (3-10)    

Christ on a cracker. Seems pretty clear it will dip rotten at this point. Has that ever happened to a movie post-certification before?

3 more reviews away from rotten. playing safe, may be 5.

As far as I am concerned, this is very overrated. Should have been rotten from the word go like Mutants and Dark Phoenix. Worst superhero film since Suicide Squad that I have seen. I haven't seen Mutants and Dark Phoenix. Also not including stuff like Bloodshot, Hellboy.

4 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

But box office have not been bad in Korea and India.

Who said that?

It's a flop in both markets. The commentary on film was soft because well "hey at least a new film released and some theaters get occupancies", otherwise it has grossed $1.5mn on 800 theaters in India. 

5 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

At the end of the day, that’s the biggest factor in the studio’s consideration for a sequel

Of course WW will get third film. That was certain before the second film even begin.

5 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

WW84 is already the most streamed movie of 2020.

Per Samba TV its behind Soul in USA. These third party guesstimate-ors are to be taken with palm full of salt.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Who said that?

It's a flop in both markets. The commentary on film was soft because well "hey at least a new film released and some theaters get occupancies", otherwise it has grossed $1.5mn on 800 theaters in India.

Hahaha! Don’t ruin your reputation on this. First, I knew it wasn’t doing badly in both countries because you haven’t posted any negatives in either countries’ threads. Next, it’s possible that it may equal the first WW’a total in India. In Korea, it has stayed number one despite some COVID restrictions. Thank goodness, I follow some others in the know on Twitter like Luiz Fernando. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

3 more reviews away from rotten. playing safe, may be 5.

As far as I am concerned, this is very overrated. Should have been rotten from the word go like Mutants and Dark Phoenix. Worst superhero film since Suicide Squad that I have seen. I haven't seen Mutants and Dark Phoenix. Also not including stuff like Bloodshot, Hellboy.

Ad hominem! States nothing about nothing. Just attacks and opinions on a movie you don’t like. That’s fine. We all have our opinions. Facts are that the verdict on this movie’s performance at the box office and to a greater extent streaming are still to be determined. . I don’t care about the RT score past opening week. Hardly no anyone does. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Next, it’s possible that it may equal the first WW’a total in India.

WW was only English release in India, did ₹32cr or $5mn on IIRC 400 screens.

WW84 has so far done ₹11.5-12cr Approx ($1.5mn) in 7 days on 1700 screens, will probably do ₹17-18cr in full run. It was expected to do ₹70cr ($10mn) in normalcy. This is what I said in India thread.

On 12/25/2020 at 10:33 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

₹2.75cr OD including Previews of ₹1cr for WW84. Low but hey some theaters get good occupancies so ✌🏼️

10 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

In Korea, it has stayed number one despite some COVID restrictions.

Who else will be on top? It's only film running on 2k screens there.

Today on New Year's eve, it sold 27,430/749,773 admits. That's 3.65% occupancy on New Year's eve. It did so bad, we didn't even track in Korea after OD. @WandaLegion I think tracked till XMAS.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

WW was only English release in India, did ₹32cr or $5mn on IIRC 400 screens.

WW84 has so far done ₹11.5-12cr Approx ($1.5mn) in 7 days on 1700 screens, will probably do ₹17-18cr in full run. It was expected to do ₹70cr ($10mn) in normalcy. This is what I said in India thread.

Who else will be on top? It's only film running on 2k screens there.

Today on New Year's eve, it sold 27,430/749,773 admits. That's 3.65% occupancy on New Year's eve. It did so bad, we didn't even track in Korea after OD. @WandaLegion I think tracked till XMAS.

These aren’t hard to find. But thanks!

#WonderWoman1984  posted a healthy total at Indian Box-office on Christmas weekend

Film collected 8.05cr on first weekend and it should easily surpass #Tenet's lifetime gross(11cr) at Indian BO soon

#WW84  #WonderWoman 

In #Korea, #WonderWoman1984 ⁠ kept in #1 dominating the exhibition circuit with 44% market share, grossing 214k on THU, #NewYearsEve.
#WW84 ’s cume is 3.2M at local #BoxOffice. With 27k admissions on THU, it’s been seen by 391k people in #SouthKorea, despite current restrictions.

From Twitter

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

#WonderWoman1984  posted a healthy total at Indian Box-office on Christmas weekend

Film collected 8.05cr on first weekend and it should easily surpass #Tenet's lifetime gross(11cr) at Indian BO soon

#WW84  #WonderWoman 

From Twitter

And?

I did told you the numbers above and also how commentary is soft than usual.

9 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

In #Korea, #WonderWoman1984 ⁠ kept in #1 dominating the exhibition circuit with 44% market share, grossing 214k on THU, #NewYearsEve.
#WW84 ’s cume is 3.2M at local #BoxOffice. With 27k admissions on THU, it’s been seen by 391k people in #SouthKorea, despite current restrictions.

:hahaha:

we're done here.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

:hahaha:

we're done here.

Good to quit while you’re ahead. As they say, you’re entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. 

This is a question of proportionality. If there’s a limited amount of releases at any time, then you judge a movie for the circumstances under which it was released. Yeah, we’re done,  but I’ll leave this here. 

BTW, I have been consistent on RT scores. I joined this forum around the time when the first WW was blowing up. There are probably a handful of times/very rare where I mention RT scores for any movie. This is probably the most consistent conversation that I have had about it. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/box-office-collection/december-2020-box-office-report-tenet-wonder-woman-1984-rule-the-roost-7126456/lite/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk

27 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

These aren’t hard to find. But thanks!

You don't even need to try. The South Korea thread on forum is the best place for Korean box office on English internet. No need to follow the idiot who is telling you that a film just having 3.7% occupancy is "dominating" box office.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

You don't even need to try. The South Korea thread on forum is the best place for Korean box office on English internet. No need to follow the idiot who is telling you that a film just having 3.7% occupancy is "dominating" box office.

giphy.gif

Proportionality during a pandemic though. Korea is not 100% open. You cannot have numbers without context. If other movies have 1% occupancy then it’s dominating. WW is not the only movie in theaters. Jackie Chan released one after WW84 there.