YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

28 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm always conflicted whether I should mock Billy Zane or envy him. :kitschjob:

After seeing him come out of a swanky NYC restaurant looking fly as hell with a gorgeous lady on his arm, I'd go HARD ENVY.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

After seeing him come out of a swanky NYC restaurant looking fly as hell with a gorgeous lady on his arm, I'd go HARD ENVY.

Ive been jealous of Billy Zane ever since he judged the Hansel/Zoolander walk-off.

• Like 3

Oddly enough, my 5 favorite movies this year are all either horror movies or superhero movies. Generally not my usual genres, but so far it'd probably be

1. Get Out

2. Logan

3. Guardians 2

4. It Comes at Night

5. Alien: Covenant

Get Out is the only real classic this year so far IMO. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

Ive been jealous of Billy Zane ever since he judged the Hansel/Zoolander walk-off.

But...that was David Bowie.

• Like 1

Just now, Eevin said:

Oddly enough, my 5 favorite movies this year are all either horror movies or superhero movies. Generally not my usual genres, but so far it'd probably be

1. Get Out

2. Logan

3. Guardians 2

4. It Comes at Night

5. Alien: Covenant

Get Out is the only real classic this year so far IMO. 

Same (assuming we count John Wick as a superhero movie :redcapes: )

21 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Gods and Monsters is in my opinion his best film so Bride of Frankenstein would be perfect for him. 

That was two decades ago and he hasn't made anything remotely as good since then. 

• Like 1

Watching Brad Jones' review of The Mummy, I pretty much agree with everything he's saying (It's a bit spoiler-ish). He says it's a very disjointed movie but isn't uninteresting and that it needed to be more of a horror movie.

2 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Which is bullshit. It's so predictable that it's annoying. I don't like Logan, I think it's overrated as hell but by no means I don't think it's a bad film. If anyone tries to revisionist history WW months from now they will feel my wrath. :ohmygod:

This sentence doesn't even make much sense.

Anyway, you are talking about revisionism regarding WW in the future but by the way your tone regarding Logan keeps getting more and more negative every time you talk about it I expect you to be calling it an overrated piece of crap by the year's end. I guess you just can't help it when it comes to this X-Men universe. Oh well.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I think the Bride of Frankenstein if they have Angelina Jolie may be Dark Universe's first $100M+ domestic grosser or maybe even $150M-$200M. 

Fingers crossed she accepts. She is reportedly their first choice./

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean they each individually have some good films. But that doesn't mean I like the idea of a universe. MCU has gotten way out of hand with all this connecting the dots bullshit and I'm pretty done with it

Some of the best comic story arcs are crossovers when dozens of popular characters come together to fight a common threat.

I don't blame Marvel for pioneering the formula and I'm not surprised it's so highly successful.