MikeQ

Wednesday Numbers (June 21) -- Transformers: $15.66M; Wonder Woman: $3.85M; Cars 3: 4.34M

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If WW stays flat today and follows last weekend's increases with a 20% drop on Sunday:

7M (+80.1%)

10.1M (+43.6%)

8.1M (-20%)

25.2M Weekend, 40% drop

This is the absolute best case scenario and incredibly unlikely because of the Friday increase. I think it could drop close to 45% this weekend.

Yes, because putting Wondy in a box worked so well last time.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If WW stays flat today and follows last weekend's increases with a 20% drop on Sunday:

7M (+80.1%)

10.1M (+43.6%)

8.1M (-20%)

25.2M Weekend, 40% drop

This is the absolute best case scenario and incredibly unlikely because of the Friday increase. I think it could drop close to 45% this weekend.

Agree....

WW will be closer to 20M than 25M. People underestimate the father's day weekend bump it received. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna keep my lips sealed for Wonder Woman's weekend because every single time folks say it can't do this or do that, it surpasses all expectations. Wouldn't be shocked if that happens again this weekend :P

• Like 11

How my theater looks today:

Cars has two big group buyouts for the first two 2D showings, but the only other showing that has seats sold is the early afternoon 3D with 5 tickets.

The showing of Transformers in 20 minutes has sold 38 tickets, which is below what Cars is selling for the 10:30 show (again, group buyout, but yesterday there was a big kids group going to Transformers). The remaining 4 2D showings have sold about 40 tickets, and the 6 3D showings have sold a total of 12 tickets with several being empty.

The showing of WW starting in 5 minutes has sold 11 tickets, and the other showings today have about 4 tickets sold in each. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocho said:

Agree....

WW will be closer to 20M than 25M. People underestimate the father's day weekend bump it received. 

WW will be closer to 30 than 20.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

TF was more of a factor than I expected as I was expecting drops similar to last couple of years.

I honestly don't believe it was. What I do believe is that Wednesday's drop last week, still recovering from the staggering Monday dips from Game 5, were inflated just as Tuesday's numbers were inflated. Expect a very small drop Wednesday to Thursday for Wonder Woman and probably a drop close to 40% this weekend due to Father's Day inflating the hell out of just about everything this past Sunday.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Transformers releasing on a Wednesday and affecting others make me hesitant to judge what Thursday and Friday will be like as a result.

31 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

7M (+80.1%)

10.1M (+43.6%)

8.1M (-20%)

25.2M Weekend, 40% drop

Going very optimistic (and WONDR has surprised a lot):

I think WONDR could show a bump (+6-8%) on Thu for 4.1-4.2 considering TF5 must have had an effect on Wed.

Then mid 70s bump for 7.25

52% bump on Sat gives 11.

25% drop on Sunday gives 8.25

7.25 + 11 + 8.25 = 26.5 weekend.

26-27 is the max case probably.

24-25 the realistic scenario.

22-23 the low-end.

• Like 2

Wonder Woman wasn't crashed by TF5, this drop is very reasonable

I think it will recover during the weekend
A month ago not many thought WW will pass 300M Dom

It's already a huge success, anything from now on is just a big fat bonus.

• Like 2