kayumanggi

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP | 406.0 M overseas ● 622.7 M worldwide

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

SK gross is so far ahead of any other OS gross that one has to wonder why the movie clicked with that market so well but did very average everywhere else. Can some SK posters explain? 

South Korea has a huge Marvel fanbase, and they are consistently one of the top 3 OS markets for any Marvel film (performing above average for its market size). I can see why Ant-Man 2 had a big increase from the first film in South Korea, as the character is more well-known now. The other OS markets just don't seem to care about the character as much.

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

South Korea has a huge Marvel fanbase, and they are consistently one of the top 3 OS markets for any Marvel film (performing above average for its market size). I can see why Ant-Man 2 had a big increase from the first film in South Korea, as the character is more well-known now. The other OS markets just don't seem to care about the character as much.

Thank you! :) I appreciate market inputs like this. :hi5:

AM2 doing very well in China. Looking at a $65–75M weekend based on early Friday trends. On its way to a $110–115M total (MI6 opens there next week). Should get to $590M from existing markets. If Japan, which opens August 31, matches the first one's total ($9.7M), then AM2 should probably get to $600M WW.

8 minutes ago, Quigley said:

AM2 doing very well in China. Looking at a $65–75M weekend based on early Friday trends. On its way to a $110–115M total (MI6 opens there next week). Should get to $590M from existing markets. If Japan, which opens August 31, matches the first one's total ($9.7M), then AM2 should probably get to $600M WW.

Im more like 70/75 OW and 135-155 mill total. There should be enough screens for Ant to manage a 2xmultiplier~ish

• Like 2

70-80, maybe 130-170 with a bit of summer days and some potential for Maoyan to roll up to 9.0.          

Low end gets MCU past 4B after all, the high end could maybe put a certain November 2017 movie in play but it sort of requires everything to break right and is not very likely at all.

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

so what WW finish can we expect? I want minimum 630M cause that would be 100M over the first. is it possible?

Only needs 620 to beat AM1 by 100, but it looks to me like it will be 220+275+130=625ish, with more room to go up than down.

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

excellent cause that's bigger increase than GOTG2. :)

Hey hey Kayom buddy and fellow bo fans.. Finally found my acct stuff. Im back... How is everyone??  How did the ant and wasp film do overall so far?

I liked it, definitely thought it was better than the first.

Kal-ElofBom2006

It is this reason above all else. I give them you my only son.

....Godzilla 2 is coming!!👍

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Quigley said:

NA: $216–218M

WW: $615–623M

–> Looks like it has an off-chance of beating Iron Man 2's WW of $623.9M, depending on how well Japan and China hold from now on.

that would be a strong 3.80-3.85x it's reported prod budget (162). it's global theatrical revenue itself will be close to 260 which covers prod budget and a lot of marketing.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1