CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

WONDR did 9.38x the previews. I would expect SPID6 to be more front-loaded due to IM and long-time Spiderman fan-base (i.e fan-base of cinematic Spiderman, existing since 2002).

If previews increase to 11, then 9x will give close to 100 ow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Catching Around $10M+ In Thursday Night Previews

http://deadline.com/2017/07/spider-man-homecoming-box-office-opening-1202124834/

Typical Deadline too early to call numbers. 

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Sorry If I missed the lack of scope of The Avengers, I was too busy cheering and applauding with the hyped crowd for the final 35 minutes.

As much as I love the movie it does look a little TV moviesh plus the aspect ratio doesn't do it any favors. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I assume it'll go significantly higher -- which will play well into Sony's "Wow, it's really over-performing!" comments, coming tomorrow morning with DHD's update. 

Deadline+Sony+Disney= dfgh1.gif

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I assume it'll go significantly higher -- which will play well into Sony's "Wow, it's really over-performing!" comments, coming tomorrow morning with DHD's update. 

So far this year, they had Rogue One at 30 and it came in at 30? (I honestly don't remember) BATB at 12-14 and it came in at 16, F8 at 10-12 and it came at 10, Guardians 2 at 16-20 and it came in at 17M. I have been thinking a 12-15M range based on presales and sellouts, won't be surprised with that number being 13M or so by morning.

• Like 6

Just now, grim22 said:

So far this year, they had Rogue One at 27-30 and it came in at 30? (I honestly don't remember) BATB at 12-14 and it came in at 16, F8 at 10-12 and it came at 10, Guardians 2 at 16-20 and it came in at 17M. I have been thinking a 12-15M range based on presales and sellouts, won't be surprised with that number being 13M or so by morning.

Image result for what do i do gif

• Like 5

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

So far this year, they had Rogue One at 27-30 and it came in at 30? (I honestly don't remember) BATB at 12-14 and it came in at 16, F8 at 10-12 and it came at 10, Guardians 2 at 16-20 and it came in at 17M. I have been thinking a 12-15M range based on presales and sellouts, won't be surprised with that number being 13M or so by morning.

I'm just rooting for either a big disappointment or a big blowout.

$13m is too down the middle for my taste.

• Like 1

So Deadline has been pretty good with their numbers lately and I've had to defend them in past posts but I'm sorry this update from them is just laughable. "

Like hey guys Spidey is looking at $10M+ in previews but we don't have a clue what we are doing so the number could go up or down based on showtimes so either way we are going to be right!" 

Like way to cover all the bases 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

So far this year, they had Rogue One at 30 and it came in at 30? (I honestly don't remember) BATB at 12-14 and it came in at 16, F8 at 10-12 and it came at 10, Guardians 2 at 16-20 and it came in at 17M. I have been thinking a 12-15M range based on presales and sellouts, won't be surprised with that number being 13M or so by morning.

I assume their sources are just looking at presales + numbers coming in and making a projection as if it was a mini-day, with a greater margin of error because presales make it hard to narrow down a particular number for a specific date/time. 

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Epic meltdowns if it really is only $10m.

:popcorn:

It's not doing 10 m.

Those are Dr. Strange numbers.

Deadline is smoking crack again.

Edited by grey ghost

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Is it this caucasian character?

Image result for jurassic park dr grant gif

That's a great shot. I think it's Goldblum but it probably is Sam Neill. It's right after the Trex attacking them in their cars scene I think.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

TFW you finish your game predictions and Deadline decides to release a preview estimate

Image result for fuck me gif

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Image result for t dog gif

I fucking hate your ass right now, Deadline. I was going to Netflix and Chill, but now I have to revise my shit.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Fuck it. I ain't revising shit.

A classic three act structure.

• Like 12