CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

12 minutes ago, famekillss said:

A lot of movies dropped 27-31% on Sunday. Weird. Is that normal for July? 

Yep noticed that too, oddly SPidey didn't affect much of the left over.

• Like 1

With a great hold this weekend, when many including I expected it to drop in the 40's range, WW should leg it out to 400

I think it will finish with a 3.9 multi for a 403-404 total. 

Guardians will likely finish at around 390. 392 (IM adjusted) is very difficult but possible if it gets a labour weekend expansion

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

9.8 is 0.8 more than I expected for WONDR before the weekend.

At the least it will do mid 390s (394-396). At most probably 10 more than that.

With summer weekdays, I think WW will easily make it over $400, to $410. She has been holding phenomenally on weekdays much stronger than GOTG2.

10 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Wonder Woman still running towards that summer 2017 crown tiara!!

ww_2.gif?w=650

I wouldn't count Spidey out just yet. I think weekdays in July might be proven to be even stronger. Spider-Man: Homecoming is a crowdpleaser and even if it's the sixth Spider-Man film, I'm very curious to see how Spidey will perform this week and second weekend. The odds are with Diana, but Spidey could still crawl for the crown. I just can't count Spidey out. 

• Like 2

Tickets are up for Emoji Movie and Dark Tower at my theater. Emoji is only getting one screen in the second biggest auditorium, and The Dark Tower is getting multiple screens with 2D in the biggest auditorium.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I wouldn't count Spidey out just yet. I think weekdays in July might be proven to be even stronger. Spider-Man: Homecoming is a crowdpleaser and even if it's the sixth Spider-Man film, I'm very curious to see how Spidey will perform this week and second weekend. The odds are with Diana, but Spidey could still crawl for the crown. I just can't count Spidey out. 

It already fell below WW in comparable daily grosses on Sunday. That 14m advantage is going to erode rather quickly.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

It already fell below WW in comparable daily grosses on Sunday. That 14m advantage is going to erode rather quickly.

Not sure. July is a different beast. Here are Spidey numbers next to WW:

FRI:

SMH $50.7m

WW $38.2m

SAT: 

SMH $37m

WW $35m

SUN:

SMH 29.2m

WW 29.7m

What I can see it happening is Spidey having stronger weekdays. And by consequence, to hold it better next weekend against Apes. If Spider-Man: Homecoming manages to spread its momentum and wom throughout the weekdays, we could see SMH recovering ground throughout the weekdays / next weekend. July is perfect for a scenario like that to happen: if SMH manages to keep over WW weekdays, we might see SMH keep holding it together against WW box office wise. I seriously think that the box office run of both movies will be more mirrored than most are foreseeing here. SMH needs to start going above WW this Monday, for that to happen. It needs to have a Monday number above $11.7m. Let's see. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Not sure. July is a different beast. Here are Spidey numbers next to WW:

FRI:

SMH $50.7m

WW $38.2m

SAT: 

SMH 37$m

WW $35m

SUN:

SMH 29.2m

WW 29.7m

What I can see it happening is Spidey having stronger weekdays. And hold it better next weekend against Apes. If Spider-Man: Homecoming manages to spread its momentum and wom throughout the weekdays, we could see SMH recovering ground throughout the weekdays. July is perfect for a scenario like that to happen: if SMH manages to keep over WW weekdays, we might see SMH keep holding it together against WW box office wise. I seriously think that the box office run of both movies will be more mirrored than most are foreseiing here. SMH needs to start going above WW this Monday, for that to happen. It needs to have a Monday number above $11.7m. Let's see. 

WW fell 60%. That's actually not too different what films fell last year on the comparable Monday (July 11.) Tarzan fell 61%, Central Intelligence 58%. Basically everything was in the 55-65% range.

I think Spidey might get around what WW had for weekdays, but it's going to give up a ton of ground in the weekends.