CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Beware, there is a girl running around in her bra in Valerian.

Tele's seen the movie. I think he knows already if the movie is appropriate for his kid.

• Like 4

If Apes opens lackluster, wom will catch up by the 2nd weekend. So Valerian has that to deal with apart from Dunkirk. A lot of more grown up audience will be taken away by Apes and Dunkirk. SM in the 3rd weekend could be pulling 21 (say 60% drop in 2nd weekend and 55% in 3rd weekend) and is teen friendly.

So V needs the kids/family audience. Not much in the market competing for kids/family. Cars3 already putting small numbers. DM3 will do around 12 I guess when V opens.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

My kids wanna see apes this week so I'm pretty happy about that. They loved the first two. 

We have family movie night at Spidey this week, DM3 next week, and hopefully a date night movie the week after...still have Baby Driver as the lead viewing candidate, but if anyone wants to tell me The Big Sick (my current #2 pick), Dunkirk, or even Valerian are far superior (since they'll be open, too), let me know, since I get to pick the movie:)...

• Like 2