Neo

Chaos Walking | Doug Liman | Tom Holland, Daisy Ridley | Lionsgate | RELEASE DATE: March 5, 2021

On 9/12/2013 at 8:39 AM, Neo said:

Director: Robert Zemeckis

Writer: Jamie Linden

Producer: Jack Rapke, Robert Zemeckis, Doug Davison and Allison Shearmur

Distributor: Lionsgate

Story: In a dystopian future where humans have colonized a distant Earth-like planet. When an infection called the Noise suddenly makes all thought audible, privacy vanishes and chaos ensues, leading a corrupt autocrat to threaten to take control of the human settlements and wage war with the indigenous alien race.

______________________________________________________________________________________

NEWS

Robert Zemeckis in Negotiations to Direct ‘Chaos Walking’ for Lionsgate (Exclusive)

Jamie Linden to Write Lionsgate’s ‘Chaos Walking’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

43 minutes ago, stracki said:

Embargo lifts on 03/03

huh. The fact that there's going to be early reviews in general can't be a... terrible sign? Lionsgate must know that at this point, trash reviews would absolutely kill this, so they must be at least somewhat confident?

I might have to eat my own words in two days.

3 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Chewy has returned at the turn of the tide.

Looked back through this thread and this has been my profile picture for 3 full calendar years

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

On 3/1/2021 at 8:29 PM, DAJK said:

huh. The fact that there's going to be early reviews in general can't be a... terrible sign? Lionsgate must know that at this point, trash reviews would absolutely kill this, so they must be at least somewhat confident?

I might have to eat my own words in two days.

Expected reception is obviously a factor embargo wise but also how well tracking is doing (specially awareness), if awareness is really low you can enter any media is better than nothing go for it mode. In the current climate many people do not know if theater are open, open just during the day, etc... let alone if anything new is playing in them and so on.

And the other way around if the movie is tracking through the roof anyway keep a lid on the embargo why take any chance (It for example) even if you not sure it will get destroyed by the critics.

Edited by Barnack

On 12/26/2018 at 5:39 PM, CJohn said:

I eagerly anticipate the day we read this was bought by Netflix after Doug Liman burned through 250M of Lionsgate's cash.

Far much better scenario ended up happening. Doug Liman burned through 250M of Lionsgate cash only for the movie to open under 5M.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Tom Holland is nothing without the spiderman gig. At least Ansel Elgort proved himself with Baby Driver.

Holland will always have Umbrella.

27 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Far much better scenario ended up happening. Doug Liman burned through 250M of Lionsgate cash only for the movie to open under 5M.

Not related to the point but those numbers do not feel like Liongates money I imagine it was vastly shared with a long list of partner, that would be quite a change in pace for them. But if they had to reimburse all their world theatrical pre-sales and so on, maybe it could be their top spending ever.