CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Huh?

When I saw Valerian yesterday, the groups in front of me bought tickets for Girls Trip, Wish Upon, Wonder Woman, and The Big Sick, and the people behind me bought tickets for DM3. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

• Haha 1

I enjoyed BTTF1 and adored #3 growing up but have never found a good place for #2 always seemed like a bit of over-doing it.

Gump is one of my favorite 90s films. Been too long since I have seen most of his other work to really give it any thought beyond a "oh I liked it or not."

Weekend numbers are interesting. That Friday for Girl's trip could mean a 30m weekend if it's not incredibly front loaded (and the weaker previews don't suggest heavy frontloading either.) Valerian, well it is expected, weaker than hoped for for Apes but the actual % increase is respectable - the low mid-weeks just did it in. Spidey is fine, no more no less. And Dunkirk is doing what Nolan does best and that is opening at the top of the box-office. I had expected mid 40ms during the week and it is going to beat that a few mil so all is good.

Just another Friday where the summer game gets shafted....

Just saw Valerian doing my part supporting "original" movies @That EddieKaspbrak Guy

Visually its beautiful. Stunning. Plot is a mess though. And sadly, what kept me from really liking it was the non-existent chemistry between the leads.

Not my worst theater experience (Fuck you Transformers 2), but i can see why its flopping.

11 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Dunkirk's number is in no way disappointing and it over performed on its opening day but we have to see what that means because if it just drops off the face of the Earth then who cares?

Metacritic

yesterday: Dunkirk - 33%, Girls Trip - 20,3

now: Dunkirk - 32,6%, Girls Trip - 16,8%

I suppose Saturday's number for Dunkirk gonna be so good.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I haven't been this excited to be at the theatre since La La Land

Haha i was feeling the same before my screening! La La Land was probably the last film i was so excited at theater, maybe Moonlight.

---

Come on guys, im sure you have some tea from Saturday numbers!

Edited by Damianport1

1 minute ago, That EddieKaspbrak Guy said:

My balls might not be intact.  My ears.  My eyes.  It was an experience unlike any other.  It cannot be experienced in any format except IMAX, 70MM.  Every single second of the film mattered.  Everything.

Fuckkkk that was great.

Better than Valerian?

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Watching Running Scared on Starz too, eh? Yeah, holds up better than I thought too. Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal make a fine duo.

Not Paul Walker? :sparta:

18 hours ago, Emperor Tele-Limai said:

If I only understood about half of Hardy's dialogue in Dolby Armos, I'm scared/thrilled to see how much I can understand in IMAX. 

:sparta: 

Not mixed in Atmos :)...but yes

• Haha 1