Finnick

MOEDAY NUMBERS (The Last Chapter): DUNKIRK:$6.44M | GT:$3.46M | SMH:$3.36M | APES:$2.9M | DP3:$2.32M | VAL:$1.82M | WW:$0.73M

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

moonlight was the worst of the best picture nominees I saw. Arrival and Hacksaw Ridge not far behind 

Hacksaw Ridge was another really good one. Enjoyed that tremendously.

Ethan, are you my long lost twin or something? We seem to be thinking on the same page lately...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bastien said:

Even the monday is bad for Valerian :(:(

By the way, during his biggest interview in France Luc Besson ironized on the failure of Valerian in the USA: " Never one of my films has worked in the USA" he said " Sci-fi movies that work in the United States are necessarily centered on the US and their heroes are necessarily superheroes. This is not the case of my film. "

My respect for Besson just went down a lot with that crap.

And his never one of my films worked in the US is just plain wrong. "Lucy" did fine.

And his whole  only Sci fi moveis that work in the US are centered in the US is, frankly, just plain wrong. "Star Wars" said Hi.

Besson did himself no favors with this rant.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

In some cases, the Best Picture Winner is just baffling. Spotlight didnt deserved it in 2016 against Mad Max. Moonlight as a film cant compete with La La Land or Arrival.

Oh, wow, shocker of the century that forgettable "important" movies won over - gasp - 2 sci fi masterpieces! Exactly what I've been saying all along. There's a genre bias. ROTK was a fluke cause they knew it would be silly to deny it a win due to 3 years of pure cinematic awesomeness and unparalleled achievement. Now other genre movies suffer.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I feel like Hell or High Water is super underrated TBH. IT'S SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD

It's also a proof why Chris Pine is likely going to have the best and longest career of all Chrises that are currently big. 

Edited by Valonqar

24 minutes ago, Bastien said:

Even the monday is bad for Valerian :(:(

By the way, during his biggest interview in France Luc Besson ironized on the failure of Valerian in the USA: " Never one of my films has worked in the USA" he said " Sci-fi movies that work in the United States are necessarily centered on the US and their heroes are necessarily superheroes. This is not the case of my film. "

Too proud. Too egoistic. Besson is getting old. 

11 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:
Average Rating: 8.1/10
Reviews Counted: 15
Fresh: 15
Rotten: 0

LOGAN LUCKY

Somewhere I posted that Baby Driver and Logan Lucky NEED to do well at the boxoffice. First one has. Time for this one to deliver in August. 

01. Arrival - A masterpiece
02. La La Land - Goddamn great.
03. Hacksaw Ridge - The best war film in years
04. Hidden Figures - a good movie
05. Moonlight - a good movie

Sadly havent seen the rest. Hell or High Water is one that i want to see very badly, but i have just no interest in Manchester, Fences or Lion.

For me the best movie of 2016 was Deadpool (Hey, its all subjective!). But i can totally understand why a film like that will never get any Oscar love. Which is why i dont really care about them. 

Just now, cannastop said:

Why do they both need to do well?

Because they are cool, fun and stylish low-medium budget movies which hollywood had stopped producing for a while in favor of these ginormous 100+ 200+ million budget films. 

Such movies that get critical praise need to do well for hollywood to start funding more high concept low-medium budget films. It;s good for hollywood, for filmmakers and the audience. 

21 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

La LA Land

Hell or High Water

Manchester by the Sea

Hacksaw Ridge

Arrival

Moonlight

I feel like Hell or High Water is super underrated TBH. IT'S SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD

Undervalued? I don't know anyone that doesn't love it. Great, great flick. Gosling, Hardy and Jake G. get a lot of talk... But, Pine and, especially, Foster are exceptional actors. Ben Foster's pretty much exceptional in everything he's in. Get him a big role. When watching Okja, I just kept wishing it was him instead of Jake G. in that role. And, I like Jake G. by the way.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer