Alli

Weekend Thread. Dark Tower 19.5...Dunkirk 17.6....Emoji 12.3...Girls Trip 11.4 not sure what page| Not the sex thread

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Regional Canadian holiday didn't seem to help. Bummer. 

If that holiday's today, it seems to be helping certain movies a lot on Movietickets.com...I'd look for some nice Monday holds from all the under-R-rated family movies (or all PG-13 rated movies and below not named Dunkirk, Dark Tower, or Apes:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If that holiday's today, it seems to be helping certain movies a lot on Movietickets.com...I'd look for some nice Monday holds from all the under-R-rated family movies (or all PG-13 rated movies and below not named Dunkirk and Apes:)...

Bingo! It's there Civic, which I have no idea what that entails lol. I could look it up myself, but I'm feeling extremely lazy right now haha. 

Edited by LastSon

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

If that holiday's today, it seems to be helping certain movies a lot on Movietickets.com...I'd look for some nice Monday holds from all the under-R-rated family movies (or all PG-13 rated movies and below not named Dunkirk, Dark Tower, or Apes:)...

Yes it's today. Didn't seem to help last night like it did last year. Tend to think Game of Thrones is having a bigger impact than we want to admit on Sunday evenings. 

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yes it's today. Didn't seem to help last night like it did last year. Tend to think Game of Thrones is having a bigger impact than we want to admit on Sunday evenings. 

Nah. Twin Peaks brought back what everyone had been waiting for all season last night. If you had to choose between TDT or this ? What would you do. 

Edited by Rman823

After careful studying this last month, this is how I think the weekdays will look:

Dunkirk - 9.424 - 142.52 total

Dark Tower - 8.000 - 27.154 total

Emoji - 7.203 - 56.31 total

Girls Trip - 5.416 - 90.84 total

Spider-Man - 5.308 - 300.26 total

Kidnap - 4.520 - 14.54 total

Atomic Blonde - 3.875 - 37.91 total

Despicable Me 3 - 3.692 - 244.61 total

Detroit - 3.300 - 10.94 total

Apes - 3.239 - 133.69 total

Baby Driver - 1.609 - 98.68 total

Valerian - 1.377 - 37.51 total

Wonder Woman - 1.303 - 400.74 total

The Big Sick - 1.060 - 34.99 total

Cars 3 - 0.391 - 148.01 total

Edited by Matrix4You

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Films trending on MovieTickets.com right now:

1. The Emoji Movie 13.5%

2. Dunkirk 12.3%

3. The Dark Tower 8.6%

4. Despicable Me 3 7.9%

5. Spider-Man: Homecoming 7.3%

• Like 1

On 8/6/2017 at 8:57 PM, MrGamer2558 said:

We don't need one. We all know what the best movie of 1987 was.

Reveal hidden contents

Considering it celebrated its 30th anniversary, Masters of The Universe would have been a more worthy #1. 

• Like 2

On 8/6/2017 at 10:00 PM, TwoMisfits said:

(And yes, Princess Bride does not make my top 5 - that movie never sung to me like it does a lot of people...it's good, but heck, I think I liked Robocop better)...

Princess Bride is great, but Robocop definitely tops my list, so I agree in that regard. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Again, Universal 1931...

Frankenstein, Dracula, the Mummy, The Invisible Man, The Wolf Man, etc...all in the same universe...

Then, Frankenstein had sequels, also set in the universe - Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, The Ghost of Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein...

Dracula had Dracula's Daughter, Son of Dracula, House of Dracula...

Invisible Man had Invisible Man Returns...

AND we got crossover sequels IN universe like Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man...

Yup Universal basically created the first shared universe, even if a lot of was basically by accident, which is what made it so enjoyable though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Again, Universal 1931...

Frankenstein, Dracula, the Mummy, The Invisible Man, The Wolf Man, etc...all in the same universe...

Then, Frankenstein had sequels, also set in the universe - Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, The Ghost of Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein...

Dracula had Dracula's Daughter, Son of Dracula, House of Dracula...

Invisible Man had Invisible Man Returns...

AND we got crossover sequels IN universe like Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man...

And they still remain highly entertaining, and films like Bride of Frankenstein rank among the best films of the 1930's.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wonder Midget said:

I actually liked Masters of the Universe. Frank Langella stole the movie.

It's a mess, but it's fairly entertaining. Also the villains are fun, and Conti's score is amazing.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fancyarcher said:

Considering it celebrated its 30th anniversary, Masters of The Universe would have been a more worthy #1. 

To be fair, every movie from '87 celebrated their 30th anniversary this year.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

To be fair, every movie from '87 celebrated their 30th anniversary this year.

House II: The Second Story, 30th anniversary #1 film of 1987, who's with me? (I prefer one for The Monster Squad myself).

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Haha 1