CJohn

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | 117.15 Mill!....NO SPOILERS..NOT EVEN IN TAGS!

IT is killing OS as well. Current markets will bring at least $180m, plus:

Mexico: $25m

France: $25m

Argentina: $15m

Italy & Germany: $10m each one 

Plus $25m from smaller markets and you have at least $290m OS, but this can easily cross $300m if it explodes in some markets.  

This is going to make $600m+ WW on a $30m budget, I don't think there's any $600m+ grosser with such a low budget. Unbelievable.   

I understand WBs wanting to play it safe, especially with the first NFL Sunday and with the hurricane in full force today. But a 55% drop on its opening Sunday is just simply not going to happen lol and it's weird that they are estimating that much because the number that people pay attention to is what gets released to the media on Sunday. Nobody reports when the actual are up by two or three or five million dollars. All of the press reports everything en masse on Sunday. So I don't really understand why they are giving it this big of a drop.

• Like 9

my 11:50am Friday was 40% capacity. my 11:50am Saturday was nearly 70% capacity. Sun is already at the same sales as Saturday, with 20 minutes to showtime. 

55% drop is laughable.  at this point I very much expect to see a 35% drop... screw the NFL and Irma.  demand is there.  too many people turned away from sell-outs dying to see this because of WOM.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Tough to beat TFA though (238M - 247,9M)

looking at % that's not as much as it looks. 238 increased by 4.2% (10m) to 248.

If IT ow ends up 5m higher for 122.15, then that's a 4.27% increase from 117.15

Edited by a2knet

10 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I understand WBs wanting to play it safe, especially with the first NFL Sunday and with the hurricane in full force today. But a 55% drop on its opening Sunday is just simply not going to happen lol and it's weird that they are estimating that much because the number that people pay attention to is what gets released to the media on Sunday. Nobody reports when the actual are up by two or three or five million dollars. All of the press reports everything en masse on Sunday. So I don't really understand why they are giving it this big of a drop.

I don't get it either. Even if Sunday ends up being a 55% drop, why not still make the estimates 120 by showing a 51% Sunday drop (which still be close enough and not really misleading). It's not like they or other studios haven't done it before. BVS was estimated at 170 and ended up as 166.

Edited by a2knet