That One Girl

Christopher Robin | August 3, 2018 | 70% on RT (and rising!)

1 minute ago, Litio said:

Glad you didn't understand my irony. Now replace "movies about family" with "YA dystopia" and see the hypocrisy.

i often see irony misused here and i often see hypocrisy misused here, but almost never in the same post. impressive.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i often see irony misused here and i often see hypocrisy misused here, but almost never in the same post. impressive.

The hypocrisy is in the fact that people here say that there have already been too many YA movies, while
there are several other theme films which are repeated much more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Litio said:

The hypocrisy is in the fact that people here say that there have already been too many YA movies, while
there are several other theme films which are repeated much more.

One of them is a very specific subgenre and the other is a theme.  It's not hard to figure out lmao

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

One of them is a very specific subgenre and the other is a theme.  It's not hard to figure out lmao

oh, you say there are too many superhero movies and yet you deny there are too many movies with conflict? i can't stand the hypocrisy here sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Then a movie with YA dystopia subgenre can not focus on the importance of family?
Wouldn't be dystopia just the context in which the characters live?

Edited by Litio
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

What happened to the reviews on RT? They took the score down and deleted all but 3 reviews.

I think the embargo is 6pm Pacific so they probably broke embargo.  Which is ridiculous because Thursday night showings will have already begun.  Trying to hide the bad news is only making it worse, not better.

27 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I mean, movie of the same sub genre can differ themselves. As an example of a YA dystopia. A movie can focus on the politic contexts, another one on the importance of the family, another one can mix with some fantasy aspects. It’s not very different from the diversification of films with the same theme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Litio said:

I mean, movie of the same sub genre can differ themselves. As an example of a YA dystopia. A movie can focus on the politic contexts, another one on the importance of the family, another one can mix with some fantasy aspects. It’s not very different from the diversification of films with the same theme.

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

• Like 1