grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Another $1B+ OS for a ”Fast & Furious”-related movie in the franchise? Awesome! 💁🏻‍♀️👍🏻

Over $1 billion WW seems doable, but I highly doubt this will hit $1 billion OS. F8 just barely crossed that mark with nearly $400 million from China, and interest there is definitely lower for this film without Vin Diesel. 

44 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Over $1 billion WW seems doable, but I highly doubt this will hit $1 billion OS. F8 just barely crossed that mark with nearly $400 million from China, and interest there is definitely lower for this film without Vin Diesel. 

There's also a lower interest without the Rock and Statham now, so Fast 9 is going to take a hit as well.

Hopefully Vin and Rock work out their shit in time for Fast 10.

3 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

They've shown us the entire movie in this trailer, but that hasn't stopped this franchise before. 😆

Lets be honest though, no one cares about the plot. If they have more insane stunts then everyone is going to watch.

12 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Lets be honest though, no one cares about the plot. If they have more insane stunts then everyone is going to watch.

I think that love for these characters is underappreciated but they do make a big reason why movies are so popular. it's a soap opera with cars. I got into it recently thanks to TV marathon and it really wouldn't be so big crazy stunts or not if characters weren't so likable and charismatic and had amazing lived-in chemistry. 

53 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

There's also a lower interest without the Rock and Statham now, so Fast 9 is going to take a hit as well.

Hopefully Vin and Rock work out their shit in time for Fast 10.

I think both this and Fast 9 can have good-balanced grosses. If Fast 9 is very good, it’ll comfortly make $1B WW like it’s two last predecessors, even without Dwayne & Jason. They just probably need to add new & interesting characters to up the ante, and make up for the absence of the two aforementioned actors.

36 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think that love for these characters is underappreciated but they do make a big reason why movies are so popular. it's a soap opera with cars. I got into it recently thanks to TV marathon and it really wouldn't be so big crazy stunts or not if characters weren't so likable and charismatic and had amazing lived-in chemistry. 

I didn't even realize that Vanessa Kirby was supposed to be Jason Statham's sister until seeing the trailer today.

Was this well known by other folks, or did everybody else just find out with me?

Regardless, this trailer today really hammered home the family theme. Which of course can only help.

20 minutes ago, kitik said:

I didn't even realize that Vanessa Kirby was supposed to be Jason Statham's sister until seeing the trailer today.

Was this well known by other folks, or did everybody else just find out with me?

Regardless, this trailer today really hammered home the family theme. Which of course can only help.

it was known when she was cast I think. she really resembles Dame Helen a lot and was amazing in Fallout. :)