grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

15 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

lol Fast and Furious isn't a superhero franchise?:wintf:

I see it more as an action franchise in the veins of Mission Impossible & James Bond.

Superhero-franchises are more CGI/visually driven with effects like movies that are fantasies & sci-fi.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

On 2/2/2019 at 1:24 AM, shayhiri said:

PS: Poor Idris, he dreamt of being the hero in Bond - and now he'll have to do with being the villain in... this. 😕 I'll be rooting for him.

He's repeatedly denied ever having interest in James Bond, and has said that he's 'too old' for it (I agree with him on that point).

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:09 PM, Avatree said:

the top comments on fast and furious official page trailer:

becbd926665462bee43f1e091348dae9.png

1b6d6f647a7306ab2a685df43c8a16ba.png

lol even if  you go to the comments for the previews of not just this but FAte of the Furious you see loads of people bitching "Fast and Furious is supposed to be about street racing not saving the world and fight scenes! I'm done with the series!" 

39 minutes ago, John Marston said:

lol even if  you go to the comments for the previews of not just this but FAte of the Furious you see loads of people bitching "Fast and Furious is supposed to be about street racing not saving the world and fight scenes! I'm done with the series!" 

Considering for how long the series has not been about street racing and about saving the world, it is a little bit strange....

Has FF ever been about street racing though? That was just a secondary element to most if not all of the movies. It's always been about an action franchise using cars as the main ingredient. 

Edited by DMan7

On 2/3/2019 at 5:07 PM, AndyK said:

I'm late to the party on seeing the trailer, but wow....i was not expecting that.

That is how to do trailer for an action movie !

I'm in.

edit: But really!!! a super powered human in a FF movie?

Well, it's not like the "humans" in the FF franchise did not become progressively more 'super' as the series went on.

The franchise stunts became increasingly more far fetched with each sequel, and it was a matter of time before an actual superbeing was introduced. Hopefully, this film will keep its tongue firmly stuck to its cheek and acknowledges its own absurdity.