aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

So what WB made with IT, they'll lose it right back in BR2049  ... LOL.

They didn't spend any money on BR2049 outside of distribution. It'll cost them very little

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Subzero said:

So what WB made with IT, they'll lose it right back in BR2049  ... LOL.

I seriously doubt it's going to be that bad.

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Any idea why studios are projecting such small drops for this sunday when last Sunday they were over 50% for many films.It

It's Columbus Day tomorrow. Certain folks are off making it a three day weekend.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ACSlater said:

It's Columbus Day tomorrow. Certain folks are off making it a three day weekend.

Oh, right.....it's our Thanksgiving here...forgot it falls on the US CD.

Thanks for the insite.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I seriously doubt it's going to be that bad.

Mr.PInk above did have a point, I forgot WB didn't produce this they only distribute...so all in all WB is in good shape then.

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

They didn't spend any money on BR2049 outside of distribution. It'll cost them very little

None of WB's October films were made or financed by them. It'll be Alcon/Sony who'll take the hit on BR and Skydance on Geostorm.

The constant comparisons to Fury Road are way, way off. The Mad Max films were big hits back in their day (and ripped off by countless imitators) and Fury Road never required direct knowledge of them to be able to enjoy it. While I really liked Blade Runner 2049 as a film (despite it being obvious it would never register with the GA), you definitely had to have seen the original to follow shit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

None of WB's October films were made or financed by them. It'll be Alcon/Sony who'll take the hit on BR and Skydance on Geostorm.

Shhh, some people want to pretend WB is losing a lot of money because they are still hung up on 2016. Don't let reality get in the way of that.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

The constant comparisons to Fury Road are way, way off. The Mad Max films were big hits back in their day (and ripped off by countless imitators) and Fury Road never required direct knowledge of them to be able to enjoy it. While I really liked Blade Runner 2049 as a film (despite it being obvious it would never register with the GA), you definitely had to have seen the original to follow shit.

I didn't see the original and 2049 was easy for me to follow. Only thing you need is to read the wiki summary of the first one and you're set.

• Like 1

Kingsman2 crossed 250 ww. Last weekend OS was 126m so added 47m OS over the last 7 days.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $79,964,425    31.5%
Foreign:  $173,614,234    68.5%

= Worldwide:  $253,578,659  

Current OS markets should bring 50-55 more. Dom should bring 15-20. 

That takes cume to 325-330 ww, with China, Japan, France to come. K1 did 93+ in those markets.

So 325-330 + 110-120 = 435-450 ww looks likely.

Edited by a2knet

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Kingsman2 crossed 250 ww. Last weekend OS was 126m so added 47m OS over the last 7 days.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $79,964,425    31.5%
Foreign:  $173,614,234    68.5%

= Worldwide:  $253,578,659  

Current OS markets should bring 50-55 more. Dom should bring 15-20. 

That takes cume to 330 ww, with China, Japan, France to come. K1 did 93+ in those markets.

So 330 + 120 = 450 ww looks likely.

Hopefully $450m makes them green light a third film, even though the box office increase doesn’t justify the higher budget.

• Like 1