Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Looks as if a strike by the tech unions in Hollywood against the studios might put a stop to a lot of  post production work which might throw the December release schudule into disarray..and maybe November as well, given the tendacy for post to strech out until the last minute.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:05 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Based on IMDb, the following 2021 releases are still in post:

House of Gucci
Licorice Pizza
Don't Look Up
West Side Story
Spider-Man: No Way Home
The Matrix Resurrections
A Journal for Jordan
American Underdog

November will be fine for the most part, but losing NWH and Matrix over Christmas would be a gigantic blow to the box office. 

Would not be surprised if a few late November releases get impacted, given the tendacy of post production to stretch out to the last possible moment.

57 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Looks as if a strike by the tech unions in Hollywood against the studios might put a stop to a lot of  post production work which might throw the December release schudule into disarray..and maybe November as well, given the tendacy for post to strech out until the last minute.

SHould have checked first, already discussed.

What you have to understand it's not just a case of CGI, but all post production work..including the basic stuff you need to make a film anywhere near releasablem which you would need if a film had no CGI.

I wonder if there's any completed films slated for Quarter 1 2022 that could be brought forward to the Holiday season if films like No Way Home and The Matrix: Resurrections are delayed out of the timeframe. Even then, there probably aren't many options.

1 hour ago, SLAM! said:

I wonder if there's any completed films slated for Quarter 1 2022 that could be brought forward to the Holiday season if films like No Way Home and The Matrix: Resurrections are delayed out of the timeframe. Even then, there probably aren't many options.

Death on the Nile. Armie Hammer and Letitia Wright arriving to save the holidays hungry and unvaccinated.

Im taking a intro to film class this semester and it's literally been a nightmare. Barely anything about movies. And an astounding amount of film majors who have a hard time watching anything before 1990. Spoke to someone who said Modern Times, which we were assigned to in class, was the first time they could ever finish a black and white movie. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Death on the Nile. Armie Hammer and Letitia Wright arriving to save the holidays hungry and unvaccinated.

Are you forgetting Russell Brand??

https://www.thedailybeast.com/comedian-russell-brand-has-become-a-powerful-voice-for-anti-vaxxers

The comedian seems to have found a loyal fan base in conservatives and anti-vaxxers who have flocked to his YouTube and Facebook accounts for his rambling vaccine-skeptic views.

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Never heard about this. lol that movie's promo tour is gonna be a trip (and because of the Fox/HBO deal they can't just dump it on Hulu). Pray that Rose Leslie doesn't find herself in hot water for some reason over the next few months.

34 minutes ago, Eric Safin said:

Good to be in that camp lol. I still have no idea what this show is actually about.

It's The Running Man, or The Most Dangerous Game, just in Korea. This, and Ted Lasso, are 2 shows where I can claim to have seen them before it was the cool thing to do.

I'm the Squid Lasso hipster.

1 hour ago, Eric Safin said:

Good to be in that camp lol. I still have no idea what this show is actually about.

I was nearly bullied into watching Ted Lasso but now everyone says the show is dead so now I’m never gonna watch it.

Squid Game was cool though. Not mind blowing, or even very original, but it’s a fun time.

Ted Lasso S2 is good but a noticeable downgrade in quality from the first season. The show isn't managing its plotlines as well as S1 did, and with the finale tomorrow, it feels like too many threads need to be tied up in the span of an hour. I really don't like how Ted and Rebecca have barely interacted this season; their growth together was the core of S1 and it's been tossed aside.

Edited by WrathOfHan