Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

17 minutes ago, AJG said:

Streaming’s garbage dump, Amazon Prime Video, have put up a version of Sherlock Holmes I’ve never seen nor heard of. This is the thumbnail:

81LcHfGhklL._SY500_.jpg

It was released around the same time as the first movie with RDJ. It is an Asylum production.

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

Best of luck to the people who will sit in a theater to watch Mania. The show from the preshow till the Main event will be 7 hours long 

The theatres it’s on at are licensed to serve alcohol. 

3 hours ago, AJG said:

Streaming’s garbage dump, Amazon Prime Video, have put up a version of Sherlock Holmes I’ve never seen nor heard of. This is the thumbnail:

81LcHfGhklL._SY500_.jpg

It looks the producers said wait Arthur Conan Doyle also wrote the Lost World?  Fuck it, put that in there too

4 hours ago, AJG said:

81LcHfGhklL._SY500_.jpg

This movie is AMAZING. It’s so terrible and I love every minute of it. It’s a fan favorite within the Sherlock Holmes community. I was on a panel called “Worst Sherlock” last year, and we all agreed this has an asterisk and will not be included. 😂

5 hours ago, AJG said:

81LcHfGhklL._SY500_.jpg

A family friend of mine is president of the esteemed Sherlock Holmes Society, i wonder what he thought of this movie.

Also you've reminded me that I really need to cancel my Prime membership. 

Edited by November Treejax

So few days ago I wasted money on PRU instead of going to RPO. RPO ticket for IMAX 3D was 175DKK in my country which would translate to 28,75USD. I paid 85DKK (13.96USD) with a Student Discount. 

That is huge for this country. I don't know how it's in the US, Isn't that pretty expensive there? 

22 minutes ago, tawasal said:

So few days ago I wasted money on PRU instead of going to RPO. RPO ticket for IMAX 3D was 175DKK in my country which would translate to 28,75USD. I paid 85DKK (13.96USD) with a Student Discount. 

That is huge for this country. I don't know how it's in the US, Isn't that pretty expensive there? 

US is one of the country with the cheapest pretty much everything (video games consoles, gasoline, food, cars, etc...), including movie theater ticket.

$28.75 would be normal in London and some cities but in the US that would be extremelly expensive and for something special:

Scandinavia is specially expensive:

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Cost-of-living/Cinema-ticket-price/International-release#amount

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-expensive-movie-ticket-prices-around-the-world.html

Because Hollywood plays such a dominant role in the global cinematic landscape, it’s not surprising that North American movie ticket prices lie on the lower end of the international movie ticket price spectrum

Don't think it is specially the reason giving in the article, it is cheaper probably because it is a nation with a much lower cost of living in general.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Just had a phone interview (With the people who know I don't live in the state), which went well.

They said we can schedule an interview on Monday, and it sounded like a really nice atmosphere.

I still kind of want to get to Jacksonville, mainly because 90% of my extended family lives there as opposed to 3% in Atlanta.

But then they might want to be involved in my life so uh, maybe I can get this contract job in Tampa for six months.

12 minutes ago, Barnack said:

US is one of the country with the cheapest pretty much everything (video games consoles, gasoline, food, cars, etc...), including movie theater ticket.

$28.75 would be normal in London and some cities but in the US that would be extremelly expensive and for something special:

Scandinavia is specially expensive:

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Cost-of-living/Cinema-ticket-price/International-release#amount

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-expensive-movie-ticket-prices-around-the-world.html

Because Hollywood plays such a dominant role in the global cinematic landscape, it’s not surprising that North American movie ticket prices lie on the lower end of the international movie ticket price spectrum

Yeah and also we pay way too much tax on everything here in Scandinavia. I would just wait 3-4 weeks more till it settles down and go see it. 

15 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Our IMAX 3D tickets are 16.59$ at night...nearly $30USD is crazy.

DAMN, now I know why many americans in here watch a lot of movies a year in the cinema and why I maybe watch half of their numbers on cinema.