Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

I figured. There's some people that act as if the way they talk on the internet is the best way to talk to people in reality.

In reality nobody cares. Happened with the Ghostbusters movie too. I remember seeing some guy complain about it at a comic store before the staff member told him "mate, I just don't care. If don't wanna watch it just don't watch it". It was awkward as fuck.

This is an accurate description. He was bragging about how he dumped his girlfriend over the phone in public (pretty sure it was because of politics lmao), which is an incredibly asshole-ish thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Reminds me of the kid in my Calc class that said there shouldn't be Asians in star wars because it contradicts the lore

We had a boy that would talk like that in school. 

He thought it was funny to make fun if Indian people, so we took him to the closest Indian kid we could find and told him to repeat himself. Silence. In the end all the Indian and Pakistani kids found out about the kid and rushed him after school. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is an accurate description. He was bragging about how he dumped his girlfriend over the phone in public (pretty sure it was because of politics lmao), which is an incredibly asshole-ish thing to do.

Man, all the MRA-ish stuff we've made fun of you for over the past year or so seems tame in comparison to the people you're around. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Man, all the MRA-ish stuff we've made fun of you for over the past year or so seems tame in comparison to the people you're around. 

Oh yeah, his behavior has made me question how I act on here :kitschjob: (granted I don't say MRA things)

Edited by WrathOfHan

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I was actually just wondering the same thing while watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall again a few days ago. Did Sex Tape pretty much kill his film career?

I think I remember a podcast with him (Marc Maron probably) and he did talk a little bit about how hard post How I met your mother got (and how hard post playing high schooler to try to find adult role also was).

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_623_-_jason_segel

He had a big alcohol issue for a while, when it would have been the time to make is place.

In general he is not easy to cast with is physic and particular voice, that must close a lot of the traditional lead role.

• Like 1

I do think it's interesting how a significant portion of my school leans right. Based on what I've seen in my classes, around 40-50% of students are conservative or moderates that lean right. My school's turnout for the walk a couple of weeks ago kind of highlights it. Probably comes with the area, but still.

Edited by WrathOfHan

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I do think it's interesting how a significant portion of my school leans right. Based on what I've seen in my classes, around 40-50% of students are conservative or moderates that lean right. My school's turnout for the walk a couple of weeks ago kind of highlights it. Probably comes with the area, but still.

It was like that where I grew up, Nebraska. No surprise. All mostly white, got their political leanings from their parents, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

It was like that where I grew up, Nebraska. No surprise. All mostly white, got their political leanings from their parents, etc.

I have known very few true liberals on this campus (the girl that rejected me was one but what am i gonna do). There's definitely people who lean left, but a lot aren't outspoken.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Are you able to watch the Leafs game tonight. 

No. I'm working nights.  I'll have other ways of getting the feed though.

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I have known very few true liberals on this campus (the girl that rejected me was one but what am i gonna do). There's definitely people who lean left, but a lot aren't outspoken.

huh, it's the opposite here in the UK, and I thought it was in america too? full of people who advocate LGBTOPZKQQ+ rights and shout at people who appear non-left.