Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

25 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

If I had a choice I rather choose Standford over Berkeley in a heartbeat ^ lol

Based on my tour of those schools. 

Stanford would be my number 1 choice of school.  You're also looking at around a 5% acceptance rate though, so I'm definitely applying there but it's so competitive that it's really a crapshot at getting in (even with a competitive application)

found this gem on warner bros 2019 release schedule:

Synopsis[edit]

Natalie wakes up one day to discover that she is self aware of her existence in a rom-com and tries to escape every cliche.

Cast[edit]

• Rebel Wilson as Natalie,[1] an architect from New York.
  • Adam DeVine[2] as Josh, Natalie’s best friend and one of two love interests in Natalie’s life.
  • Liam Hemsworth[2] as Blake, a client and one of two love interests in Natalie’s life.

4 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Synopsis[edit]

Natalie wakes up one day to discover that she is self aware of her existence in a rom-com and tries to escape every cliche.

Cast[edit]

• Adam DeVine[2] as Josh, Natalie’s best friend and one of two love interests in Natalie’s life.
  • Liam Hemsworth[2] as Blake, a client and one of two love interests in Natalie’s life.

That actually sounds pretty interesting if they do it well. Kind of like Last Action Hero but for Romcoms.

14 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Synopsis[edit]

Cast[edit]

That cast's track record though

giphy.gif

For my Creative Writing class, I have to do one creative critique on an existing work that could be from any medium. Books, screenplays, etc. I'm choosing to do mine over James Cameron's script for Spider-Man that he made back in the day. Should be interesting.

I have a strong opinion about a recent release that runs contrary to alot of people I respect and would probably get me exiled from ever being a Smart Film Fan. Not that I'm smart anyway, but I like critics and Jessie/lordmandeep think my taste is "pretentious" so I guess I'm at least tangentially there. 

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I have a strong opinion about a recent release that runs contrary to alot of people I respect and would probably get me exiled from ever being a Smart Film Fan. Not that I'm smart anyway, but I like critics and Jessie/lordmandeep think my taste is "pretentious" so I guess I'm at least tangentially there. 

Annihilation? I already got blasted for being "only" positive about it, so join me :lol: 

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Well with that lede you can't back out now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Annihilation? I already got blasted for being "only" positive about it, so join me :lol: 

It's a bunch of up its own ass hooey that says nothing. The acting is stilted and entire subplots lead to nothing. What an enormous waste of time. And I loved Ex Machina. I guess it's visually interesting if you've never watched the background on an MP3 on Windows Media Player? I straight up hated it.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

i can't wait to roast annihilation when i get the chance to half pay attention to it as i watch it while also browsing in another tab next week.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

It's a bunch of up its own ass hooey that says nothing. The acting is stilted and entire subplots lead to nothing. What an enormous waste of time. And I loved Ex Machina. I guess it's visually interesting if you've never watched the background on an MP3 on Windows Media Player? I straight up hated it.

You've got a week and a bit till TOG yells at you about it so you should be safe.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

btw @That One Guy being banned is like a perfect opportunity for you to go outside or work on the great american novel or whatever you're free from this place man quit lurking.

TOG will respond like his local neighbors to you telling him to leave:

tumblr_nj4akv7spj1qa8sljo1_500.gif

• Thanks 1