Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I was asleep so I missed the hot takes but;

1) caddyshack is bad

2) the vacation movies are bad

3) American cinema produced like 12 good movies throughout the entirety of the 1980s.

3) I can name 3.

• Astonished 1

From Wikipedias List of 2018 box office bumber 1 films. Find the errors xD.

12 March 25, 2018 Pacific Rim Uprising $28,003,000 Pacific Rim Uprising currently has the highest weekend debut of 2018. Initial estimates had Black Panther    ahead of Pacific Rim Uprising. During the weekend, Black Panther became the highest-grossing superhero film ever domestically, surpassing The Avengers.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

From Wikipedias List of 2018 box office bumber 1 films. Find the errors xD.

12 March 25, 2018 Pacific Rim Uprising $28,003,000 Pacific Rim Uprising currently has the highest weekend debut of 2018. Initial estimates had Black Panther    ahead of Pacific Rim Uprising. During the weekend, Black Panther became the highest-grossing superhero film ever domestically, surpassing The Avengers.

Even if they meant "the highest weekend debut of a Universal movie in 2018" or "the highest weekend debut of March 2018", it wouldn't be true or close (Fifty Shades Freed and - currently - A Wrinkle In Time, probably soon to be Ready Player One, beat it out comfortably) :rofl:

Anyway, HOT TAKES:

1) Woody Allen is an overrated cuntbag and he only made one good movie (Annie Hall);

2) Paul Thomas Anderson movies, as great as they may be, are hindered by being really, REALLY, REALLY boring;
3) Elephant Man is the best Lynch movie (yeah, I like it better than Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive or Eraserhead, fuck y'all).

My grandmother is eighty-nine years old.  Thankfully, she has all her wits about her, yet she can't be left alone.  Between my mom (and me filling in for my mom) and my two aunts, someone is with her 24/7.  There is only so much Law & Order: SVU and NCIS one can take.  To get her out of the house, we take her to the movies.  On Thursdays, my aunt and I do a "shift change" movie where the fam goes together.  Grandma comes with my aunt, and she leaves with me.  Grandma has everything current -- Black Panther, Love, Simon, A Wrinkle in Time, Game Night, etc.

That's how I'm off to a 12PM showing of Ready Player One with her and my aunt. 

:hahaha:

• Like 6

Someone in my group is annoying as hell. This guy says really cringey, perverted, and random stuff all the time; it's like he's trying to be as obnoxious as possible. He's negative about basically everything, and I don't think I've ever heard him say one positive thing! Also, he's conservative, so that doesn't help paint him in a better light. I can't say I'm really bothered by him, but I'm just ready to cringe when it's time for class.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Someone in my group is annoying as hell. This guy says really cringey, perverted, and random stuff all the time; it's like he's trying to be as obnoxious as possible. He's negative about basically everything, and I don't think I've ever heard him say one positive thing! Also, he's conservative, so that doesn't help paint him in a better light. I can't say I'm really bothered by him, but I'm just ready to cringe when it's time for class.

That's me in high school minus the always negative part.

• ...wtf 1

So my roomie this morning decides to have instant noodles for breakfast. He comes to tell me how vegans are ruining everything; because it's actually "advertising" that it has artificial beef flavour.

I tell him that that's not the vegans, it's required by law that they have to state that the beef flavour is artificial. I tell him it's his fault for being cheap and expecting $1 instant noodles to actually contain real meat.

He proceeds to eat his instant noodles, and then starts raving about how good they are, and how their actually were pieces of real beef. I'm like "no way, let me see the ingredient list". Yep, turns out there is definitely no beef, although it "may contain traces of fish or chicken".

He's super traumatized now that he was tricked into thinking he was eating beef when it was really just "textured soy protein".

cc: @Trolltastic Tele, feel like you might get a laugh out of this

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

So my roomie this morning decides to have instant noodles for breakfast. He comes to tell me how vegans are ruining everything; because it's actually "advertising" that it has artificial beef flavour.

I tell him that that's not the vegans, it's required by law that they have to state that the beef flavour is artificial. I tell him it's his fault for being cheap and expecting $1 instant noodles to actually contain real meat.

He proceeds to eat his instant noodles, and then starts raving about how good they are, and how their actually were pieces of real beef. I'm like "no way, let me see the ingredient list". Yep, turns out there is definitely no beef, although it "may contain traces of fish or chicken".

He's super traumatized now that he was tricked into thinking he was eating beef when it was really just "textured soy protein".

cc: @Trolltastic Tele, feel like you might get a laugh out of this

What the hell, has he never had instant noodles before.

• Like 1