Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, November Treejax said:

In my experience - trailer views are meaningless yes, but genre has a big impact. Would have to dig out my old laptop to find that data but genre is absolutely a factor. I have never looked at cinemascore.

Trailer views don’t appear to be entirely meaningless, but once you factor in sequel their meaning is partially reduced.  They’re a factor you can use but I wouldn’t predict based off of them.

Maybe when I’m able to add more data points later this week genre will pop out as significant.  But I don’t see why it would be (at least in the modern environment) besides maybe being a comic book movie.  But again I need more data points for this to really work as well as it needs to.  I’m also looking to factor in things like studio and such when I actually run it with full data but excel sucks and limited me to 16 variables

12 minutes ago, DAR said:

I read the whole story already. It's rather depressing to read, especially because it brings to mind, just how poor the elderly are treated in general.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I know, screw them for wanting to make maximum profits out the gate.

They should've pushed for an opening a week or two earlier. The staff's first day will be on the busiest preview night ever, and they are going to get overwhelmed big time. Plus, if any projectors fail, that won't go over well.

Edited by WrathOfHan