Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

When Taylor Swift covered “September” be Earth Wind and Fire and one of the songwriters reviewed it.

"I didn't really think she did a horrible job. Yes, I felt it was as lethargic as a drunk turtle dozing under a sunflower after ingesting a bottle of Valium, and I thought it had all the build of a one-story motel, but, I mean, the girl didn't kill anybody.”

5 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Her music hasn’t been all that great since Red, yet some reason I’ll still listen to it anyways

1989 is her best album it's a great pop record.

but also i agree with what others are saying her best album doesn't come close to Ye's fifth best.

Edited by CoolioD1

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

lmfao this guy is so delusional :hahaha: :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Not really. With his lawyers he probably has a good chance of convincing a jury to agree with him.

Dug the hell outta Thoroughbreds, at least apart from the climactic scene which doesn't sit entirely right with me. Some real sharp writing, directing and acting in here though. Movie it reminded me of the most is actually one I never saw brought up as a comparison, In the Company of Men (alternate title: In the Company of Sociopathic Murderous Teenage Girls), both in character setup and technique - this was also meant to be a play initially, yet makes first-rate use of framing and editing. Not at all as provocative and messy in the end as that movie is, though. Anton Yelchin's loss hurts all over again. Hope it's not too long before Olivia Cooke and Anya Taylor-Joy rule the world. 

Edited by Jake Gittes

5 hours ago, Pandamia! said:

Taylor Swift is underrated. 

How is she underrated? She breathes on a record and it can still sell a million in a week in today’s industry. Even DAMN couldnt do that. Most A list albums arent even selling a million period anymore. Calling her underrated is like calling the Warriors underrated.

People may give her flack, but she also usually just gives off an unlikable, full of herself, mean girl/it girl vibe. I also dont like how she tried to start a crusade and ruin Spotify. Her vibe is nothing compared to someone like Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, or my wife Dua Lipa, but dude shes not even close to underrated. Her next lead single will hit #1 by default as it has the past few times. Dua is the real underrated, not Taylor.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

How is she underrated? She breathes on a record and it can still sell a million in a week in today’s industry. Even DAMN couldnt do that. Most A list albums arent even selling a million period anymore. Calling her underrated is like calling the Warriors underrated.

People may give her flack, but she also usually just gives off an unlikable, full of herself, mean girl/it girl vibe. I also dont like how she tried to start a crusade and ruin Spotify. Her vibe is nothing compared to someone like Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, or my wife Dua Lipa, but dude shes not even close to underrated. Her next lead single will hit #1 by default as it has the past few times. Dua is the real underrated, not Taylor.

Speaking of Dua, it's SUPER weird that One Kiss is not in the US Top 50 on Spotify but still second on the worldwide charts. All the new releases yesterday pushed it off.

Edited by WrathOfHan

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Speaking of Dua, it's SUPER weird that One Kiss is not in the US Top 50 on Spotify but still second on the worldwide charts. All the new releases yesterday pushed it off.

America still doesnt appreciate her yet. WW has caught on now but to the states she still just “that new rules girl.” I’m sure she’ll get huge eventually like she deseves to.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Well sales don't matter than much anymore though. I am not saying she isn't super-successful she is but in today's climate you would very much rather have DAMN's streaming numbers than Reputation's sales.

I said a while back that Taylor made a mistake by switching full pop. Her career is already more than a decade old and no one lasts forever on pop. Reputation was already a huge decline since everything flopped after the initial buzz fizzled. She should have sticked with the country-pop thing and go full country in like 5 years when she will not be IN anymore.

Also I agree that Dua is great. And I would say she is underrated in the US specifically. Internationally she had a huge debut era.

35 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well sales don't matter than much anymore though.

Sales do matter when calling something underrated. BP made $700m, destroyed Twitter, and has 90 something RT score, it cant be underrated. Stranger Things is the most hyped show since Flintstones, and it was well recieved, it cant be underrated.

Taylor can hold a concert on a gaint sheet of ice in the middle of thr Arctic Ocean and itll sell out. Thats not underrated my dude.

59 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

that song is huge here in the UK been number one since it came out.

Pusha T has the best album of the year. A$AP's album is totally fine, I liked it. Lil Baby's is pretty alright. NBA Youngboy's album is dope. Post Malone's is kinda boring. I haven't listened to J.Cole's since the day it dropped tbh