Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Will-Smith-No.gif

While I enjoyed the Reagan Library in California and it seems its a popular spot,  I found it more like a Temple and it was odd the tour ends at his body, while I found the other libraries like The Lincoln and JFK ones way more balanced.

Cant imagine a Trump Library lol

18 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Love how so far, all the Awards Season talk has been about both actress categories and none for the actors.

Feels like the Actor categories have been really boring the past few years tbh. Last one that felt truly competitive was the 2014 one, while everything else has been pretty barren.

Of course when it comes to Supporting Actor this year, you-know-who will become the talk of the town on Friday. It'll be justice after his award was wrongfully stolen from Gary Oldman doing his best Shrek impression.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Feels like the Actor categories have been really boring the past few years tbh. Last one that felt truly competitive was the 2014 one, while everything else has been pretty barren.

Of course when it comes to Supporting Actor this year, you-know-who will become the talk of the town on Friday. It'll be justice after his award was wrongfully stolen from Gary Oldman doing his best Shrek impression.

Still hasn't gotten as bad as it was in 2006, a Best Actor year so dead that it allowed then 26 year-old Ryan Gosling to get in for a tiny film from the summer that nobody saw.

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's because they are easily the most competitive. Been like that the past few years though.

I hope the suspense lasts longer than last year. 

19 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I actually had to stop and figure out who this was lol. His fans made last year absolutely hilarious at points.

I'm more interested in seeing how much of a shitshow the actual Oscar ceremony will be. I still refuse to predict that Popular Oscar category lol. And eliminating categories from the telecast seems like such a misguided decision. We still don't know who's hosting either but I'm sure ABC will just get Kimmel to do it yet again because he's convenient.

52 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Love how so far, all the Awards Season talk has been about both actress categories and none for the actors.

I'm not too surprised. Two of the biggest Actor contenders (Bale and Malek) aren't screening at festivals, and Supporting Actor is a mess with no clear frontrunner whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm not too surprised. Two of the biggest Actor contenders (Bale and Malek) aren't screening at festivals, and Supporting Actor is a mess with no clear frontrunner whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure Bradley Cooper is gonna campaign his ass off all the way to Oscar night. Eddie Redwho? Anne Hathawhat?

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm more interested in seeing how much of a shitshow the actual Oscar ceremony will be. I still refuse to predict that Popular Oscar category lol. And eliminating categories from the telecast seems like such a misguided decision. We still don't know who's hosting either but I'm sure ABC will just get Kimmel to do it yet again because he's convenient.

I wonder when they'll place Popular in the program....do it right before BP to *really* get the crowd annoyed hyped. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I keep forgetting about Cheney/Backseat/Whatever. I feel like it'll be delayed ala Bernadette or make too little an impact.

Just now, Morieris said:

I keep forgetting about Cheney/Backseat/Whatever. I feel like it'll be delayed ala Bernadette or make too little an impact.

The Big Short was added to the release date schedule in late September that year with the trailer dropping around the same time. I wouldn't worry.

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure Bradley Cooper is gonna campaign his ass off all the way to Oscar night. Eddie Redwho? Anne Hathawhat?

I can genuinely see a scenario where Cooper ends up with 5 nominations by himself. Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Screenplay. Maybe Best Song and Best Popular Movie as well. He is well liked, the movie is by all accounts very well done and he will campaign a lot with WB pushing the movie as well.

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I can genuinely see a scenario where Cooper ends up with 5 nominations by himself. Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Screenplay. Maybe Best Song and Best Popular Movie as well. He is well liked, the movie is by all accounts very well done and he will campaign a lot with WB pushing the movie as well.

There could be a sixth nomination too if The Mule is good and he is good in it (if WB pushes it this year). As I said, Supporting Actor is wide open this year