Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

26 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

kathleen kennedy is getting one of the honorary oscars this year. wonder if there's going to be any youtube videos about this

https://www.oscars.org/news/academy-honor-kathleen-kennedy-marvin-levy-frank-marshall-lalo-schifrin-and-cicely-tyson-2018

Her and Frank Marshall both getting awards are sure to lead to many "Spielberg bought them Oscars" theories among the clickbait places.

Very happy for Cicely Tyson though, especially when she's always been much more known for her TV/stage work.

ahh ok!  I have spent some time these past couple months wondering about how much heroine in a syringe it would take to overdose

Spoiler

to overdose on.  Are you essentially holding a gun that shoots bullet halfway into your head and then falls out? 

So my main thought was, how much force or pressure would the thumb have to use, and how much of an angle would the finger have to bend, to press the required amount of liquid through the syringe to become fatal.  This idea has slowly been eating at my heart, but I did not want to be alone to see how much it would be.

I'm guessing these two pictures explain enough, not gonna web dig on this.  I'll have to request information next time from whoever is at the next sober house.  Still have yet to actually see the substance.  Usually I think the needle would sit somewhere around the underwear lining or sock area and when you go to itch around your abdomen area or ankle then you professionally administer when needed. 

Picture 1          

A fatal amount of Heroin varies for each individual. Contingent on the pureness and the user’s tolerance level, a Heroin overdose can vary from 200 to 500mg. However, long-time addicts have survived doses of as much as 1800mg or more

Picture 2

HEROIN-NEEDLE.jpg

Every time now I realize they are holding this on 'standby' and my heart and head sink and I have to shake my head and keep walking.  

Edited by dX airdry zid

Watched the first Equalizer. Gotta be one of the worst offenders among silly action movies that are much longer than they have any right to be. Never ceases to amaze me, these big studio genre movies that are supposedly out to entertain but waste their time on all sorts of dull bullshit in the process. 

banked up a couple hot takes over the last couple days:

-finally watched Paddington and it's fine i guess. it's like the level of the 2011 smurfs movie. nothing especially exceptional about it.

-watched the mr rogers documentary which was a not especially well made hierography and also his show seems pretty boring. nice guy though.

-jamie lee curtis and her whole characterization looks like the worst part of that new halloween movie

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Anyone else really baffled by the handling of the Tomb Raider franchise? The Xbox exclusivity killed the momentum the games were building up (and probably the reason they didn’t try that shit again), and the new game is being realeased a week after SpiderMan, 2k19, and a week before FIFA. I forgot the thing was even happening.

3 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

(I)Isn't Tupac kinda overrated? (2)Biggie is definetely way better and (3)I would argue Kanye is also up there. 

844.gif

1) No

2) Debatable 

3) Kanye West doesn’t write his own raps and is thus excluded from any conversation regarding lyricists.

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Anyone else really baffled by the handling of the Tomb Raider franchise? The Xbox exclusivity killed the momentum the games were building up (and probably the reason they didn’t try that shit again), and the new game is being realeased a week after SpiderMan, 2k19, and a week before FIFA. I forgot the thing was even happening.

had no idea there was a new Tomb Raider coming out tbh. Like never even heard about it

2 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Kennedy has eight Best Picture nominations to her name, so the honorary award makes sense. Until I looked it up, I had just assumed that she had already won an Oscar for Schindler's List, but she got executive credit for that one.

Schindler's List is coming back to theaters for a wide re-release first weekend of December for its 25th anniversary (got the trailer before Operation Finale last weekend plus the poster is in the lobby) fyi.