Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I might be the only one in there because the theater is looking dead outside of CRA and Operation Finale. Tonight’s sales were pretty light all around; most movies only sold around 5-6 seats.

That definitely wasn't the case at my theater yesterday and today. Both Searching and Operation Finale had no seats left.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That definitely wasn't the case at my theater this evening. Both Searching and Operation Finale had no seats left.

Searching isn’t even playing at my AMC :kitschjob:  The next month or so at my theater is going to be pretty empty during the week because all the big movies aren’t senior friendly outside of The House with a Clock in Its Walls (maybe Night School too bc the trailer is always a hit when I get it). It’ll be nice to deal with right before the snowbirds start coming down

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Searching isn’t even playing at my AMC :kitschjob:  The next month or so at my theater is going to be pretty empty during the week because all the big movies aren’t senior friendly outside of The House with a Clock in Its Walls (maybe Night School too bc the trailer is always a hit when I get it). It’ll be nice to deal with right before the snowbirds start coming down

Life Itself, though.

Look at Oscar Isaac making all these senior-friendly movies. Although I'm wondering if it's bad that I'm almost considering sitting through Life Itself just for him cause I'd watch him in anything (really like This Is Us but that movie looks nauseating).

Just now, filmlover said:

Life Itself, though.

Look at Oscar Isaac making all these senior-friendly movies. Although I'm wondering if it's bad that I'm almost considering sitting through Life Itself just for him cause I'd watch him in anything (really like This Is Us but that movie looks nauseating).

The keyword here is “big movies,” though I’m sure that’ll play well at my theater along with Unbroken 2 (maybe).

I may see Life Itself if I have nothing else to do (totally depends on my work schedule) because the cast is great, but wooooooooof those trailers suck. If the movie is actually good, then cool.

Want to live forever? You just have to make it to 2050 !

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/inventions/want-to-live-forever-you-just-have-to-make-it-to-2050/news-story/4c70508f0f48b6fdfb3ebed09ab85754

The dumb thing is, we are actually closer to discovering the secret to immortality than we are to a fusion reactor or a usable EV battery.

31 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Want to live forever? You just have to make it to 2050 !

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/inventions/want-to-live-forever-you-just-have-to-make-it-to-2050/news-story/4c70508f0f48b6fdfb3ebed09ab85754

The dumb thing is, we are actually closer to discovering the secret to immortality than we are to a fusion reactor or a usable EV battery.

What about the overpopulation problem?

We'll have to start sending people to Mars soon.

17 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I don't play games so I don't know the source material

lNy3BIk.gif

But I'm excited for my man getting so many projects, hope it's another hit him, the Superman curse is definitely over by now

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I might go see it on Wednesday before work; otherwise, I’ll probably catch it sometime next week. Planning on seeing BlacKkKlansman tomorrow

btw, Citizen Kane is a quality movie. Hot take!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Enjoyed BlacKKKlansman a lot. A fun breezy joint that doesnt drag.

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Haley Lu Richardson is great in Support The Girls. after that and columbus i'd call her the better actor of the two. also hotter

That Support the girls poster has me very interested for reasons 🤔

2001 in IMAX  :wub: :wub: :wub:

It's been said many times and now I know that it's been said because it's true, this is just on a whole different level when seen on the big screen. The first time I watched it at home I fell asleep, the second time I thought it was OK with a couple of amazing moments, this time I was sitting there crying tears of joy before 30 minutes had passed. 

• Like 1

True story at the movies this past weekend: there was a young guy in the lobby wearing a T-shirt with Trump and a kitten that said "Grab 'Em" at the bottom. Dude's definitely got some balls on him to go out anywhere in public wearing a shirt like that, I'll give him that.

Edited by filmlover

@Blankments Time to catch up on trailer stalkers (will add in the Klansman trailers for today bc why not):

6:

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Ready Player One, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, The Meg, Alpha)

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In, Tag, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Crazy Rich Asians, BlacKkKlansman)

5:

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha)

Smallfoot (Coco, Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha, Crazy Rich Asians)

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2, The Meg)

4:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha)

Creed II (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Skyscraper, Sorry to Bother You, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

The Hate U Give (Skyscraper, Unfriended: Dark Web, Sorry to Bother You, BlacKkKlansman)

Kin (Hereditary, The First Purge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Alpha)

Nobody’s Fool (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Spy Who Dumped Me, BlacKkKlansman)

Searching (Hereditary, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Crazy Rich Asians)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2, Alpha)

A Star Is Born (Ocean’s 8, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Crazy Rich Asians, BlacKkKlansman)

3:

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

First Man (Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Skyscraper, Mission: Impossible - Fallout)

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween (Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha)

The Happytime Murders (Tag, The First Purge, Sorry to Bother You)

The Nun (Tag, The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Skyscraper)

The Predator (The First Purge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, The Meg)

2 and 1:

A.X.L. (Ant-Man and the Wasp, The Meg)

The Little Stranger (Hereditary)

Operation Finale (Mission: Impossible – Fallout)

Support the Girls (Sorry to Bother You)

Spoiler

2:

Aquaman (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War)

The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Ocean’s 8, Mission: Impossible - Fallout)

Halloween (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web)

Mary Poppins Returns (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter, Skyscraper)

Overlord (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg)

Peppermint (Ocean’s 8, The Meg)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Incredibles 2, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Robin Hood (Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

A Simple Favor (The Spy Who Dumped Me, Crazy Rich Asians)

White Boy Rick (Sicario: Day of the Soldado, BlacKkKlansman)

Widows (Ocean’s 8, Crazy Rich Asians)

Wonder Park (Leave No Trace, Christopher Robin)

1:

Bad Times at the El Royale (The Spy Who Dumped Me)

Bohemian Rhapsody (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dumbo (Christopher Robin)

Fahrenheit 11/9 (BlacKkKlansman)

Hell Fest (Unfriended: Dark Web)

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Incredibles 2)

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part (Teen Titans Go! To the Movies)

Life Itself (Crazy Rich Asians)

Little Women (Leave No Trace)

Mid90s (BlacKkKlansman)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

On the Basis of Sex (Crazy Rich Asians)

Serenity (Tag)

Shazam! (The Meg)

What Men Want (Crazy Rich Asians)

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@Blankments Time to catch up on trailer stalkers (will add in the Klansman trailers for today bc why not):

6:

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Ready Player One, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, The Meg, Alpha)

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In, Tag, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Crazy Rich Asians, BlacKkKlansman)

5:

Bumblebee (Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha)

Smallfoot (Coco, Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha, Crazy Rich Asians)

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2, The Meg)

4:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha)

Creed II (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Skyscraper, Sorry to Bother You, The Spy Who Dumped Me)

The Hate U Give (Skyscraper, Unfriended: Dark Web, Sorry to Bother You, BlacKkKlansman)

Kin (Hereditary, The First Purge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Alpha)

Nobody’s Fool (The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Spy Who Dumped Me, BlacKkKlansman)

Searching (Hereditary, Unfriended: Dark Web, The Spy Who Dumped Me, Crazy Rich Asians)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2, Alpha)

A Star Is Born (Ocean’s 8, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Crazy Rich Asians, BlacKkKlansman)

3:

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom)

First Man (Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Skyscraper, Mission: Impossible - Fallout)

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween (Christopher Robin, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha)

The Happytime Murders (Tag, The First Purge, Sorry to Bother You)

The Nun (Tag, The First Purge, Unfriended: Dark Web)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Skyscraper)

The Predator (The First Purge, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, The Meg)

2 and 1:

A.X.L. (Ant-Man and the Wasp, The Meg)

The Little Stranger (Hereditary)

Operation Finale (Mission: Impossible – Fallout)

Support the Girls (Sorry to Bother You)

Reveal hidden contents

Han there is this giant ass standee for Bumblebee in the lobby of my theater that was just put up. Your queen really is coming to rule the holidays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1