Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I've only had like boiled chicken & rice for the last few months, mostly since it's the easiest/cheapest thing to make at Uni that fits with my macros & workout requirements, but also yeah beef's not super good for your health.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Everything gives us cancer these days. 

Not really we do not have to exaggerate, just not smoking is a lot of it, tend to look like this:

171121-prevent-cancer-risk-graphic-1057a

Poor diet/read meat/doing sports or not, are yes clear factor but a really small factor versus cigarette/Alcohol/Obesity or just the standard suns and virus out there.

4692706F00000578-5104129-image-m-11_1511

And that for cancer that look like could have been "prevented", a lot of cancer have nothing that we know off a link with the patient lifestyle at all.

After not smoking and drinking too much, the best action for your health are probably not texting and driving, wearing an helmet on a bicycle, seat belt and stuff like that and not of the diet type.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These so-called studies is just something the government creates to keep us anxious, which is good for them. Don't eat this, don't eat that, use condoms, don't get too much sun exposure, etc. Then what about our ancestors who lived long lives without following these new rules? The government, the media and the big corporations are constantly manipulating us.

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Ive eaten two muffins today. While doing that i realized that i hadnt eaten a single muffin in the last six months.

I will for sure buy more muffins in the coming weeks. I like muffins after all.

I don't like muffins.  They are coarse, rough, and irritating, and they get everywhere.  

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

These so-called studies is just something the government creates to keep us anxious, which is good for them. Don't eat this, don't eat that, use condoms, don't get too much sun exposure, etc. Then what about our ancestors who lived long lives without following these new rules? The government, the media and the big corporations are constantly manipulating us.

I mean, our ancestors had like half our lifespans. :lol: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Then what about our ancestors who lived long lives without following these new rules?

A lot of do not eat this or that didn't event "exist" for many of ancestor, like refined sugars (pretty much the only thing that make strong consensus to be bad).

And our ancestor had longer lifes than some fake news about it outthere, but still people didn't has long has life in the past:

Life-expectancy-by-age-in-the-UK-1700-to

https://ourworldindata.org/life-expectancy

50-65 year's old if you survived childhood seem to have been quite common age to die for our ancestor, it is significantly above that nowadays (more around 75-80).

the government creates to keep us anxious, which is good for them

I am a bit curious now, on how it is good for my government for people to be anxious.

14 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

holy shit napoleon posts just keep getting better

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nature league said:

I don't like muffins.  They are coarse, rough, and irritating, and they get everywhere.  

You haven't had semi-homemade muffins - they are the perfect conduit to stuffing loads of fresh fruit (and even veg) into tasty, tasty products.

I stopped buying premade muffins when I found out most grocery store bakery blueberry muffins have no blueberries in them...and then I started making my own semi-homemade ones when I realized most boxed muffins mixes have no fruit in them, either (banana being a lone exception).

So, muffins are the afternoon "cookies" of the house, here.  Last week, I made carrot apple cinnamon muffins and blackberry blueberry muffins.  My favorite muffins mixes to "plus up" are the cinnamon ones - so many wonderful things go well with those, and they have enough sweetness to handle anything (I even did a butternut squash and apple one with that mix:) - and the banana ones, b/c so many nice nuts (and tons of fresh bananas) make them even better!  It's the perfect way to use up fruit and veg that is getting a little older and not as nice for fresh eating...

Edited by TwoMisfits

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

hey quick q: what shape do you think the earth is?

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

hey quick q: what shape do you think the earth is?

Funny joke but just to make it clear, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But rich people need other people to be unhappy and poor, and they will lie to the general population in order to keep making money on their backs.