Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Saw Big Sick, relate levels were high but it made me scared too. I have still not told my parents that I am an atheist. Well that's not a big thing but I am in a love relationship with a girl here. She is a muslim and I am a brahmin hindu. My brother recently was kicked out of the house for doing love marriage. After 1 year, they were accepted by my parents, but whenever he is out, they will emotionally blackmail me, "Don't turn out to be like your brother, marry to a brahmin girl of our choice only."

Man, I am having serious thoughts about going abroad and cutting all ties with my family.

• Sad 4

11 hours ago, filmlover said:

what was the first movie you children saw in theaters?

Snow White (1993 re-release). Possibly Beauty and the Beast but I definitely don't remember and my mom can't conclusively rule it in or out.

Edit: I don't think this question was directed at me but I decided to answer it anyway. :D

Edited by Jason
  • Haha 1

I'm at a seminar about interview tips at my old college and I'm.....the only one here.

Because people are probably IN CLASS!

If they ask me why I'm not in class, I'll say because I graduated from here and the degree did jack shit. 

9 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I'm at a seminar about interview tips at my old college and I'm.....the only one here.

Because people are probably IN CLASS!

If they ask me why I'm not in class, I'll say because I graduated from here and the degree did jack shit. 

What degree did you graduate with?  Who is running the seminar? (Maybe someone who has leads to good full-time work?)

Edited by TwoMisfits

13 hours ago, Telehilation said:

tbf weren't you like nine or ten back then?

In 2009? I was 14 lol.

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

what was the first movie you children saw in theaters?

Tarzan (1999). Other early ones were Elmo in Grouchland, Iron Giant, and, yes, Toy Story 2

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

What degree did you graduate with?  Who is running the seminar? (Maybe someone who has leads to good full-time work?)

Network Administration (IT, pretty much)

They were just as surprised as I was that I couldn't get any feedback and took me on as a project to help me out some more, so it wasn't a waste, that's good.

• Like 1

watched the first two episodes of godless. pretty good. one writery thing that annoys me is michelle dockery talking about her past and she for no reason goes "but that's a story for another time" on certain details. can't think of any reason why she'd do that except for the writer wants to slowly dole out her backstory through the season.

34 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Network Administration (IT, pretty much)

They were just as surprised as I was that I couldn't get any feedback and took me on as a project to help me out some more, so it wasn't a waste, that's good.

You'll find folks tend to want to help the folks who put in the time and effort to help themselves - showing up to the seminar was a really good idea (I'd expect they can get you some very good leads in a few weeks that will hopefully turn into very good things - it's always that 1st door that can be the roughest:)...

Good luck!  

PS - And don't limit yourself to much to just Network Admin unless you love it...you'd be amazed at what fields will look at you if you're willing to look at them (within reason of course)... 

• Like 1